Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Donovan

Featured Replies

This is the guy who was rumoring Pitino to UK last week. I just can't put a lot of stock into a guy blogging from a blogspot account that most people have never heard of. I don't doubt that he knows people in the know, etc. (who doesn't claim to "know" someone these days) I also can't see a coach that is in the middle of a NCAA tournament run talking about another job.

Just more:deadhorse: in my opinion.

 

It HAS happened.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well.. Billy G is 2-2 vs. Billy D.

 

I know with Barnhart and Todd that this will never happen, but to win and win like the 90s, we have to get Calipari.

 

We gonna get FedEx, too?

Before we hired BCG, Billy D "had already bought a horse farm in lexington and was for sure the next coach."

  • Author

I'm not saying Billy D is the next coach at UK. Look at my points in my first post. Florida is a Football power. Billy is a proven coach. He has Kentucky ties. Same state as his friend and former coach. Tradition of Kentucky. Bama needed to find the best to FIT its program, not the best coach but the Fit.

 

I kept coming back with Billy D. Now if the Cats decide to keep Billy G he just needs to work on some things. After the loss to the Gamecocks at home the defense they were in allowed the guard to get a 12 foot jump shot at the buzzer. Billy G has to change up his Defense. I don't see it happeniong and thats bad coaching so he needs to depart. I have no rumors on this thread, just my think so's.

I have a lot of mixed feelings on Donovan, I've heard some first hand stories from someone that knows him and he has an arrogant side and definitely says some things coaches shouldn't say to players, in my opinion, on several occasions (For the record my friend still likes him, it's his girlfriend that thinks he overreacts and told us the stuff he said). However, my friend did introduce me to him once last year and he was very friendly as an acquaintance and could at least do the public persona thing that Billy G. has such a problem with.

  • Author

Oh yeah, I forgot another point about Billy G. Its the practice hard on game days. Shoot-arounds-walkthrus-, everyone does these. He was asked on the radio show last week if he still does it and he said he is a strong believer in that and will continue to do so. 'So he plays a nonstop man to man/practice hard on game days, but his teams lose a lot late in their games and at the end of this season they lost 7 out of 10. I'm not real smart, but I've played a few sports in my life.

My first choice is Billy Donovan. Second choice is Calipari.

 

Mine too!

I have a lot of mixed feelings on Donovan, I've heard some first hand stories from someone that knows him and he has an arrogant side and definitely says some things coaches shouldn't say to players, in my opinion, on several occasions (For the record my friend still likes him, it's his girlfriend that thinks he overreacts and told us the stuff he said). However, my friend did introduce me to him once last year and he was very friendly as an acquaintance and could at least do the public persona thing that Billy G. has such a problem with.

 

 

IMO most coaches at that level have an arrogant side, and tend to rub some people the wrong way. That is part of what makes them successful.

IMO most coaches at that level have an arrogant side, and tend to rub some people the wrong way. That is part of what makes them successful.

So it's ok for Billy D to be arrogant and offensive but not Billy G?:idunno:

There is all this talk about paying off Billy G to leave. In this economy, do you really think ANYONE, not just a college, can pay someone to leave just because they do not like them, other than pro teams?

It HAS happened.

 

Do you have evidence, can you provide a link, etc.?

 

The rumor last week was that Pitino talked to two boosters about a potential return to Lexington. I read, on another site (Marc Maggard), that those two boosters were his attorney and his agent. Two guys he talks to on a weekly basis. He has since his days in Lexington, and that their was nothing to the rumor.

I wonder if Billy D is in Lexington right now ? :confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.