Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Donovan

Featured Replies

I always liked this guy. Saw him play when they beat Bama back in 87 in Louisville. I believe getting a chance to coach at Kentucky now would be a good move. maybe the reason he didn't before was the team he had coming back, but now the timing might be better.

 

We know he can recruit and has the well know name. I like his style of coaching with the lines of Ricky P. The last two years the Gators have made some mistakes on some kids who have not panned out, so they have had a couple of bad years.

 

Kentucky compared to Florida basketball is no comparison. It is Kentucky for crying out loud. They need to go get Billy at all costs pay off the other Billy and start a new. I listen to way too many national/local sport shows. I care alot about the basketball program at Kentucky. Yeah I'm a Bama fan but basketball and football are two different sports, two different seasons. I know as much about the Cats as anyone here or anywhere. I go back to 1965. I've missed very few games on the TV/radio since 1965.

 

We went and got Nick Saban to fill a huge hole in our program, Go UK do the same for your future Basketball team, pull the trigger for Billy The Kid...the time is now right and it would be a great fit. I don't see another coach I would want for UK.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. Billy G is 2-2 vs. Billy D.

 

I know with Barnhart and Todd that this will never happen, but to win and win like the 90s, we have to get Calipari.

It sure is a hot rumor right now that he is the man and has already agreed to be the next UK coach. All we are waiting on is for both UK & the Gators to lose.

UK wanted BCG two years ago and he has taken UF to back to back NIT's.

 

BCG has taken UK to 1 NCAA Tourny at least.

Billy D has been here as a coach. He get's it. Recruit,Style of play, Represent the University. And also he is a winner. :thumb:

UK wanted BCG two years ago and he has taken UF to back to back NIT's.

 

BCG has taken UK to 1 NCAA Tourny at least.

 

Donovan has been to three Final Fours, with two titles and a runner-up.

Donovan has been to three Final Fours, with two titles and a runner-up.

 

At a football school none-the-less, which only makes that more impressive.

Donovan has been to three Final Fours, with two titles and a runner-up.

 

Yeah, but has been just as average as BCG the last two years.

Yeah, but has been just as average as BCG the last two years.

 

But he is not a jerk.

 

This is the guy who was rumoring Pitino to UK last week. I just can't put a lot of stock into a guy blogging from a blogspot account that most people have never heard of. I don't doubt that he knows people in the know, etc. (who doesn't claim to "know" someone these days) I also can't see a coach that is in the middle of a NCAA tournament run talking about another job.

 

Just more:deadhorse: in my opinion.

I always liked this guy. Saw him play when they beat Bama back in 87 in Louisville. I believe getting a chance to coach at Kentucky now would be a good move. maybe the reason he didn't before was the team he had coming back, but now the timing might be better.

 

We know he can recruit and has the well know name. I like his style of coaching with the lines of Ricky P. The last two years the Gators have made some mistakes on some kids who have not panned out, so they have had a couple of bad years.

 

Kentucky compared to Florida basketball is no comparison. It is Kentucky for crying out loud. They need to go get Billy at all costs pay off the other Billy and start a new. I listen to way too many national/local sport shows. I care alot about the basketball program at Kentucky. Yeah I'm a Bama fan but basketball and football are two different sports, two different seasons. I know as much about the Cats as anyone here or anywhere. I go back to 1965. I've missed very few games on the TV/radio since 1965.

 

We went and got Nick Saban to fill a huge hole in our program, Go UK do the same for your future Basketball team, pull the trigger for Billy The Kid...the time is now right and it would be a great fit. I don't see another coach I would want for UK.

Right on.:thumb::thumb:

I can see getting BD (or Rick) more now than the last go around. I don't think either wanted to be the guy that replaced Tubby with all the ties to UK everyone had. I also think BD would have looked closer at UK had the NBA job not been in the picture at the time. This whole thing is a mirror to the Roy Williams/Kansas/UNC thing a few years ago. Offered. Said no. Got Daugherty. Got owned. Got rid of Daugherty. Williams listens and decides to take over a job comparable to the UK job. Great fit, UNC is where they are used to being. (PLUS: BD is in the NIT for the 2nd straight year. Maybe he is getting ready for a different challenge now, too?)

 

A lot of IFs here, but I can see one of the names being more willing to look now IF BCG is gone. (I'll still have to see that before I believe it. Right now, unless he quits, I see BCG back for '09-'10.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.