Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykes....wow

Featured Replies

I like listening to Jimmy Dykes.

 

He is enthusiastic, energetic, and very knowledgable about the game of basketball. I overlook some of his crazy stuff because I think it is his way of not being repetitious and boring game after game after game.

 

Might be like a young Dick Vitale which does sell and is good for ESPN and college basketball.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does he drive anyone else nuts listening to him for an entire game? How many times during a broadcast does he talk about violent cuts by Jodie Meeks?

 

Then he went on and on late in the game about how a trip should have been called on Kentucky. But the replay clearly showed that the player just tripped on his own without any contact. Maybe I am too harsh, but man he drives me nuts sometimes.

 

:thumb: Dykes also went on the d.j. "leaving to get a drink and not coming back last night" and did not let it rest in the 2nd half. He didn't use this one last night but another that drives me crazy is the "high school Harry pass" analogy. :ohbrother:

I like to hear him at times bc of his obvious knowledge of the game but after a while I want to mute the t.v..

Might be like a young Dick Vitale which does sell and is good for ESPN and college basketball.

 

I love listening to Vitale, I know that he can get going nuts and all and some people cannot stand him. I just love his passion for the game and especially for the kids. I saw a special that espn did on Vitale talking to a group of high school kids at a basketball camp a few years ago and was sold on him completely after that. Also, his work with the "V" foundation is incredible, all class and his heart is in the right place.

I know that it may sound crazy to some that I like Vitale and Dykes can get to me but Vitale is one of my favs on espn basketball coverage along with Bobby Knight. Knights knowledge and analolgy's are by far the best of any of espn commentators (or anyone else for that matter).

I like listening to Jimmy Dykes.

 

He is enthusiastic, energetic, and very knowledgable about the game of basketball. I overlook some of his crazy stuff because I think it is his way of not being repetitious and boring game after game after game.

 

Might be like a young Dick Vitale which does sell and is good for ESPN and college basketball.

 

:thumb:

Jay Bilas is pretty darn good.

  • Author

He just drives me nuts. Sometimes he will start talking about something completely pointless and irrelevant.

 

I too miss the days of Clark Kellogg talking about Kentucky's spurtability.

Dykes is very annoying, but I'd still rather listen to him than Vitale, as painful as that is.

  • Author

They need to go get a former SEC player to commentate the SEC games on ESPN.

 

Whats Latrell Sprewell doing now? :D

They need to go get a former SEC player to commentate the SEC games on ESPN.

 

Whats Latrell Sprewell doing now? :D

 

My guess would be time.

I like Dykes as long as his "turnovers are in the acceptable zone of the court."

What does Jodie Meeks have him common with O.J. Simpson?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They both make violent cuts. :ohbrother:

Dykes gets on my nerves to the point I would rather listen to the radio broadcast watch and have to hear him and Nessler. One thing I didn't understand that Dykes said was when he made the comment about Meeks being great because he doesn't wear sweat bands and sleeves and all the other garb. What does that matter?

What does Jodie Meeks have him common with O.J. Simpson?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They both make violent cuts. :ohbrother:

:laugh: :notworthy:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.