Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykes....wow

Featured Replies

Does he drive anyone else nuts listening to him for an entire game? How many times during a broadcast does he talk about violent cuts by Jodie Meeks?

 

Then he went on and on late in the game about how a trip should have been called on Kentucky. But the replay clearly showed that the player just tripped on his own without any contact. Maybe I am too harsh, but man he drives me nuts sometimes.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could have been worse, you could have had to listed to "Duke" Vitale instead.

I don't care for him but he always outworks his oppenent with those violent cuts. In other news did you know that first round NIT teams struggle to stop an inbounds play because of the 36 hour preparation window they have for the first round game.

 

He is a Dick Vitale wanna be... and well on his way to being just that.

What was his catchphrase last year? It was something like "shadow defense" or "shadow box defense". I remember he kept repeating it, much like the violent cuts of this year. How I long for the days of Clark Kellogg and Kentucky's "spurtability".

What was his catchphrase last year? It was something like "shadow defense" or "shadow box defense". I remember he kept repeating it, much like the violent cuts of this year. How I long for the days of Clark Kellogg and Kentucky's "spurtability".

 

He does it every game. He will get hung up on one or two phrases and:deadhorse:

 

I figure most UK fans like him because he is a HUGE UK homer.

Does he drive anyone else nuts listening to him for an entire game? How many times during a broadcast does he talk about violent cuts by Jodie Meeks?

 

Then he went on and on late in the game about how a trip should have been called on Kentucky. But the replay clearly showed that the player just tripped on his own without any contact. Maybe I am too harsh, but man he drives me nuts sometimes.

 

Actually, he did trip when his foot hit Miller's. It was not intentional as he pretty much just stepped on the outside of Darius' foot.

Remember Calathes "game face"???

Remember Calathes "game face"???

 

That's what I was going to bring up lol.

 

It could be a lot worse than Dykes, but he definitely isn't my favorite.

He does it every game. He will get hung up on one or two phrases and:deadhorse:

 

I figure most UK fans like him because he is a HUGE UK homer.

 

I just can't believe we almost made it through the season without hearing the story about him sleeping on Rupp's old couch. Too bad he blew that one last night.

 

He's one of the few commentators I'll seriously consider muting when he's on. UK homer or not, he's a moron.

 

Anyone remember the "turnover zones" chart he did? The one where he said turnovers were OK if they were on your end of the court. :rolleyes:

Remember Calathes "game face"???

 

No... But I remeber Bob Knights "Game Face". :lol:

The worst, IMO, is his stupid little "Jimmy's Jets" thingy he does with teams that are on the runway, in baggage claim, etc. That is just moronic and I can't believe ESPN allows it.

Excuse me. I have to make a violent cut to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.