Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykes....wow

Featured Replies

I like Nessler and don't have any real problems with Dykes. He does get repetitive, but among all these guys, who doesn't?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gus Johnson is hands down the best.

 

Gus is good, but he can be over-dramatic. But I guess he is paid to.

I think that Dykes comes up with a catch-phrase or word that he thinks is clever. He then seeks out some honest, objective, unbiased evaluation from someone like maybe his wife or kids and having been convinced the phrase is indeed as clever as he originally thought, he decides he should grace his listening audience by bombarding them for the next 2 hours.

I like Nessler and don't have any real problems with Dykes. He does get repetitive, but among all these guys, who doesn't?

 

I see what you mean but imo Dykes does it more than anyone when he gets on one paticular phrase. I don't dislike Dykes at all, just get fed up at times when he goes on one of his streaks.

We all have our favorites but lets face it, I believe that practically everyone can agree with me on the best thing about this past season and what will be for the upcoming tournament is that there will be No more from the man that invented basketball................Billy Packer!! :banana::banana::ylsuper::ylsuper:

We all have our favorites but lets face it, I believe that practically everyone can agree with me on the best thing about this past season and what will be for the upcoming tournament is that there will be No more from the man that invented basketball................Billy Packer!! :banana::banana::ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

Praise be to Allah!

I have grown weary of Jimmy Dykes.

 

CSI - Can't Shoot Immediately!

Violent Cuts

Nick Calathes' Gameface

He doesn't guard himself.

 

Way too repetitious for me.

What does Jodie Meeks have him common with O.J. Simpson?

 

 

They both make violent cuts. :ohbrother:

 

Thats just wrong... :lol:

What was it he said and got called out on when they said who have you seen do it. His response was I don't know. It was hilarious. We started laughing out loud. I can't remember how it went down though.

He does it every game. He will get hung up on one or two phrases and:deadhorse:

 

I figure most UK fans like him because he is a HUGE UK homer.

I like him because I think he does a decent job, not because he's a "homer." There are ALOT worse announcers than Dykes who are so-called "Homers" that suck up to Duke & North Carolina no matter what is going on (namely 90% of the rest of the ESPN announcers & Billy Packer).

 

I do agree that he gets hung up on a few catch phrases, but overall I think he does a good job. I was at the UK game last night & the atmosphere was awesome!

I like Gus Johnson.

I like Gus Johnson as well....Dyke gets on my last nerve. And it was a trip, accidental or not, it should've been called.

I like Gus Johnson as well....Dyke gets on my last nerve. And it was a trip, accidental or not, it should've been called.

 

Did you have a different view than the rest of us?

 

I had a very difficult time telling whether or not there was any contact, and I watched the replay multiple times (thanks to my DVR!).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.