March 15, 200917 yr If CBS gets their usual say and no more favorites fall, they could sneak in Come on Scribe. Quit messing with people. You're actually going to give some poor UK fan hope, and have them glued to the TV today at 6:00 pm. That's just not right. :lol::lol:
March 15, 200917 yr I have to disagree. Rupp still gets 18,000 when they play VMI, GW, Highpoint, etc. and the teams in the NIt will be better than them. Plus I as UK fan would follow every game regardless of the situation, maybe I'm in the minority but I felt UK had the best following, therefore, I'd expect MC to be filled to capacity, no reason it shouldn't be. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that's what he meant by good showing. I'm pretty sure that he meant that he didn't expect UK to last long in the NIT.
March 15, 200917 yr Author Come on Scribe. Quit messing with people. You're actually going to give some poor UK fan hope, and have them glued to the TV today at 6:00 pm. That's just not right. :lol::lol: See post #11 :lol:
March 15, 200917 yr I could be wrong, but I don't believe that's what he meant by good showing. I'm pretty sure that he meant that he didn't expect UK to last long in the NIT. That's exactly what I meant, LRCW. People will show up in Baghdad to watch us play. I do know that much. I just don't think we'll be around very long. We could not beat anyone at the end of the year, and now we are in a tourney that everyone perceives to be beneath us, including the players and coaches who will never admit to that. We'll go through the motions, but most teams that do not have a desire to be there normally just fold up and go home. The NIT is a situation where you feel like crap if you lose and still feel like crap if you win. "We're Number 66!" just does not have a very good ring to it when you are cutting down nets...... I mean, even if we win this thing, do we put the trophy out publicly or hang another banner in Rupp?
March 15, 200917 yr Out One thing though the selection commisioner stated on TV yesterday they do not look at the record of the last 10 games. They felt that put the major conferences at a disadvantage because of level of competition.
March 15, 200917 yr Author Don't forget who the chairman of the NIT selection committee is. None other than C.M. Newton, so you know the 'Cats will get a plum bracket and home dates for the NIT.
March 15, 200917 yr Nice thread.....pour somemore salt in the wounds. Out, no way that U.K. gets in this year. I would be shocked if they did. I would certainly accept the gift but would be shocked. Just ain't gonna happen. U.K. may be on the N.I.T. bubble.:sssh:
March 15, 200917 yr Don't forget who the chairman of the NIT selection committee is. None other than C.M. Newton, so you know the 'Cats will get a plum bracket and home dates for the NIT. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.