Holmes 32 Boone County 29

My point is, you point out that Brown gave Pittman fits down low but yet he had 8 points at the half and I believe was 2 for 3 from the field?

You just pointed out the obvious flaw and you don't even know it.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My point is, you point out that Brown gave Pittman fits down low but yet he had 8 points at the half and I believe was 2 for 3 from the field?

He SHOULD score on Brown every trip down the floor. Only 3 shots in 16 minutes with a 4" or more advantage on the defender, right? Why? Brown was giving him fits when he tried to post him up...

He SHOULD score on Brown every trip down the floor. Only 3 shots in 16 minutes with a 4" or more advantage on the defender, right? Why? Brown was giving him fits when he tried to post him up...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

IMO. Pittman has always preferred to hang on the perimeter. He could get 20+ and 15+ every game if he stayed down low. The couple of times that they made good lobs to him, it was a big mismatch, and he caught it and converted.

IMO. Pittman has always preferred to hang on the perimeter. He could get 20+ and 15+ every game if he stayed down low. The couple of times that they made good lobs to him, it was a big mismatch, and he caught it and converted.

He was attempting to post Brown quite a bit in the 1st half and simply getting pushed out of position more often than not...

Just based on scores, should us outside of the program be concerned with Holmes going into the state tournament? They aren't scoring any points.

Guaranteed Christian Co. will not play the style Holmes has faced the last few weeks. Neither will Shelby Valley/Mason Co./Elliott Co.

Let's see now. Your boys scored 61 and still lost by 22. I believe I'll take 32-29, win, and move on and I'll bet you would, too.

I'm glad your team won for you. 32 won't win against the team his lost to, not even close!:thumb:

Was it great "D" or just poor shooting by both teams?

Did anybody notice not a single trey was scored by either team tonight! Holmes was 0-9 and Boone was 0-2.

Holmes shoots 30.8% from the floor and Boone shoots 37.9%.

Holmes shoot 8-11 from the FT line while Boone shoots 7-12 from the charity line.

At some point, once they start playing at Rupp, Holmes is going to have to start making some baskets, as they are not going to beat teams at Rupp with scoring as few points as they have in the Ninth. Now understand I am rooting for Holmes but you just have to have some "O" and at the moment Holmes isn't shooting very well at all.

I was amazed by this. Boone didn't even shoot a 3 until they had to to tie the game and actually the 2nd shot they got off would have been a 2 anyway. I guess they counted the heave at the end of one of the quarters as an attempt

Teammates have to feed him the ball down low too...let's not leave that little fact out. The few times he got the ball down low in the first half he took advantage.

Congrats to Holmes. WOW! What a defensive battle - I mean battle. Holmes plays the best defense in the state and Boone is not too far behind. I really thought the Rebs would win by 3, but, hey, that's why they play the games.:D I hope that Andrew holds his head high and realizes how well he played in the tourney. Everyone misses bunnies and short putts some times. The 3 main contributing seniors will definitely be missed - Steven, Andrew and Cory played their hearts out like every player that took the floor for both teams. Best wishes to the Holmes Bulldogs. You have what it takes to win at Rupp and I hope that everyone in the 9th region climbs on your wagon. The naysayers don't realize just how these 9th region teams get after it on defense. Great defense combined with refs who let both teams hammer each other all night long led to what would have to be an all-time low-scoring championship game up here, maybe in the whole state.

Very well said, that is exactly what the 9th region tournament was this year.

Also, I don't know about the rest of the games, as I only attended this one, but the atmosphere was great!

I REALLY want Holmes to bring this one home to NKY, but it just isn't going to happen with how they are playing offense right now. Pittman could be so dominating if he wanted to be...I just don't think he wants it bad enough yet. I'm a huge fan of his, and hope he brings it! And I really thought Riley albeit not being in the game at the end, getting up and leading his team from the sidelines says a lot about him. So glad he got POY!