Holmes 32 Boone County 29

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Holmes. WOW! What a defensive battle - I mean battle. Holmes plays the best defense in the state and Boone is not too far behind. I really thought the Rebs would win by 3, but, hey, that's why they play the games.:D I hope that Andrew holds his head high and realizes how well he played in the tourney. Everyone misses bunnies and short putts some times. The 3 main contributing seniors will definitely be missed - Steven, Andrew and Cory played their hearts out like every player that took the floor for both teams. Best wishes to the Holmes Bulldogs. You have what it takes to win at Rupp and I hope that everyone in the 9th region climbs on your wagon. The naysayers don't realize just how these 9th region teams get after it on defense. Great defense combined with refs who let both teams hammer each other all night long led to what would have to be an all-time low-scoring championship game up here, maybe in the whole state.

Let's see now. Your boys scored 61 and still lost by 22. I believe I'll take 32-29, win, and move on and I'll bet you would, too.

You score 32 against Elliott County and you will be watching the rest of the tournament the same place we will be. JMO.

This game was a great game, all the way to the end, I love seeing close games like this no matter the score, it makes the game more interesting, and it came down to the final shot. Hats off to both teams. GO DOGS!!!

He has no position right now at a high D1 school. He can't put the ball on the floor and penetrate against D1 defenders and he can't score in the post against D1 defenders. His #1 asset is his ability to shoot the 3 from the corner. Sound familiar?

So you wouldn't consider Phares, Euton, or Donovan (Franklin Co) D1 caliber players? Pittman dominated all 3 and also had 4 blocked shots in both games against those players.

Also, how can you say his #1 asset is shooting the 3 when he's only shooting 30% from the arc on the year? :confused:

He's led his team to a 32-2 record and his team just won the region championship, so why is there any reason to bash the kid? BTW, I believe Billy Hicks described Pittman as a "monster" around the rim...I'll take his word for it. :sssh:

He has no position right now at a high D1 school. He can't put the ball on the floor and penetrate against D1 defenders and he can't score in the post against D1 defenders. His #1 asset is his ability to shoot the 3 from the corner. Sound familiar?

Sour grapes Clyde.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Offense wins ballgames, but DEFENSE wins championships. With the way this team is playing defense, it's going to be a fun time in Rupp.

As far as the great defense thing goes, it would be impressive if the score was like 60-29, that would indicate great defense for sure but 32-29 to me just says that this game was played at an incredibly slow pace. I still think Holmes is a really good team but I think people are giving them a little too much credit for the defense.

Was it great "D" or just poor shooting by both teams?

Did anybody notice not a single trey was scored by either team tonight! Holmes was 0-9 and Boone was 0-2.

Holmes shoots 30.8% from the floor and Boone shoots 37.9%.

Holmes shoot 8-11 from the FT line while Boone shoots 7-12 from the charity line.

At some point, once they start playing at Rupp, Holmes is going to have to start making some baskets, as they are not going to beat teams at Rupp with scoring as few points as they have in the Ninth. Now understand I am rooting for Holmes but you just have to have some "O" and at the moment Holmes isn't shooting very well at all.

So you wouldn't consider Phares, Euton, or Donovan (Franklin Co) D1 caliber players? Pittman dominated all 3 and also had 4 blocked shots in both games against those players.

Also, how can you say his #1 asset is shooting the 3 when he's only shooting 30% from the arc on the year? :confused:

He's led his team to a 32-2 record and his team just won the region championship, so why is there any need to bash the kid? BTW, I believe Billy Hicks described Pittman as a "monster" around the rim...I'll take his word for it. :sssh:

First of all, I'm not "bashing." Bashing would be if I made it personal.

Riley also led his team to a 32-2 record. So?

He is a "monster" around the rim - sometimes - in high school games.

He's 6'6. Where do you play him at a high D1 school?

Let me throw some props his way - clutch on the last 2 FTs.

To be honest, this was a dreadfully painful came to watch until a minute left in it. Holmes offense just doesn't produce. Yes, Boone played great defense, that's not question. But with the talent Holmes has, they should have scored more than 32 points. Passing/dribbling around the perimeter won't get it done down state. I thought Ricardo Johnson played well and Pittman, when he actually PLAYS, is a force. The problem is, this team has not improved throughout the year..and I feel like their trip might be a short one. They need to pick it up. Keep up the defense, but need a better game plan on offense.

Hats off to Boone. You all played well and had the chance to take it, and it just didn't fall your way. Nothing to hang your heads about. To the kid [#24] who missed the layup, you played a great game, and it happens to the best!

Good luck to Holmes down state, and I hope you all can bring a championship home to the 9th.

Sour grapes Clyde.

What? Why would "sour grapes" come into play? I'm a big Coach Henley guy (and I'm not even "related" to him). I think John Wimzie is an outstanding man. I've got friends who teach there.

Sour grapes?

He's led his team to a 32-2 record and his team just won the region championship, so why is there any reason to bash the kid? BTW, I believe Billy Hicks described Pittman as a "monster" around the rim...I'll take his word for it. :sssh:

Deja vu. Feels like you or someone else has made this argument over and over. I think everyone agrees when Pittman REALLY wants to, he is a monster. Unfortunately he doesn't always come to play for whole games at a time. The whole team needs to pick it up on offense, not just him, but right now I agree he'd probably get eaten up by a D1 defender.

Was it great "D" or just poor shooting by both teams?

Did anybody notice not a single trey was scored by either team tonight! Holmes was 0-9 and Boone was 0-2.

Holmes shoots 30.8% from the floor and Boone shoots 37.9%.

Holmes shoot 8-11 from the FT line while Boone shoots 7-12 from the charity line.

At some point, once they start playing at Rupp, Holmes is going to have to start making some baskets, as they are not going to beat teams at Rupp with scoring as few points as they have in the Ninth. Now understand I am rooting for Holmes but you just have to have some "O" and at the moment Holmes isn't shooting very well at all.

Boone didn't even really look for any threes. They haven't really the whole season.