Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Carter start against UGA

Featured Replies

I know this is kind of lame but do you guys think BCG starts Jared?

If not, will he recieve displeasure from the crowd?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After listening to him talk on his call-in show earlier. He pretended like he didn't know anything about the tradition at UK of seniors starting on Senior Day. He said Jared would be honored before the game and seemed to hint at if they can get him in and it not hurt the team (end of game scenario) they might do that. I would be extremely surprised if Jared started on Wednesday. At least that was my take on his comments from his show. I bet we see plenty of that junior class though! Harris, Porter and Stevenson will most certainly be back in that starting 5 if recent history is anything to go by.

He should.

 

He won't.

After listening to him talk on his call-in show earlier. He pretended like he didn't know anything about the tradition at UK of seniors starting on Senior Day. He said Jared would be honored before the game and seemed to hint at if they can get him in and it not hurt the team (end of game scenario) they might do that. I would be extremely surprised if Jared started on Wednesday. At least that was my take on his comments from his show. I bet we see plenty of that junior class though! Harris, Porter and Stevenson will most certainly be back in that starting 5 if recent history is anything to go by.

 

I've been a fan for years and I don't recall that "tradition." Maybe it's because Kentucky usually has seniors that are capable of playing Division I basketball. I see absolutely no need to start Carter. Run through the hoop, thanks for the memories, we'll get you in late if the lead is big, then head on back to Georgetown.

Yes, I would start him, put Carter in there for Stevenson or Harris.You don't lose much there anyway.

Why?

 

He has earned it just like any other senior and there's no other way to look at it.

I've been a fan for years and I don't recall that "tradition." Maybe it's because Kentucky usually has seniors that are capable of playing Division I basketball. I see absolutely no need to start Carter. Run through the hoop, thanks for the memories, we'll get you in late if the lead is big, then head on back to Georgetown.

 

It is very much a tradition for the seniors to start on Senior Day.

He has earned it just like any other senior and there's no other way to look at it.

 

It is very much a tradition for the seniors to start on Senior Day.

 

I would think that winning the basketball game would be the most important thing. A loss to Georgia eliminates you from NCAA contention. Why start a player that is obviously not good enough to ever play any minutes? I appreciate his effort and being part of the team. But the object is to win the game. Carter on the floor isn't a means to those ends.

I think you have to start the seniors on senior day. JMO...

I would say start him with Stevenson sitting at the scorers table. First whistle make the change.

It is very much a tradition for the seniors to start on Senior Day.

 

I was trying to remember but I think there have been a few times before when a Senior did not start on Senior Day.

 

It seems to me that Pitino did not start Swaboda, maybe I'm wrong.

 

Maybe Chris Gettelfinger? (1981?)

 

It usually depends on the game. That '81 game UK was playing LSU and they were undefeated in the SEC till then.

 

Anyone remember any other times? Did Chris Harrison start his Senior year? I know he made a lot of points but don't recall if he started.

I was trying to remember but I think there have been a few times before when a Senior did not start on Senior Day.

 

It seems to me that Pitino did not start Swaboda, maybe I'm wrong.

 

Maybe Chris Gettelfinger? (1981?)

 

It usually depends on the game. That '81 game UK was playing LSU and they were undefeated in the SEC till then.

 

Anyone remember any other times? Did Chris Harrison start his Senior year? I know he made a lot of points but don't recall if he started.

 

I am pretty sure that Swaboda started. I can't remember a time that a senior didn't start (except one season when we had 6 seniors).

Has UK ever had a senior day, and not started the seniors?

 

I mean, this is UGA, it really shouldn't matter who they start. This is kind of weird situatiion. Carter has been one of the most unused seniors in recent UK history. I think most years fans would be upset over a senior not getting the start. With Carter, I don't know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.