Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Carter start against UGA

Featured Replies

Seems like they did better last year than they are doing this year...

 

That's funny, because at this time last year we were 16-11....

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

 

I'm not questioning what you've been told, but from my own experience; with Tubby being the exeption; this staff is much friendlier than the previous staff. Please pardon my punctuation if it is incorrect after reading the pet peaves thread I don't want anyone coming after me.:thumb:

You are the biggest UK homer on here and you KNOW that Jared Carter in the game hurts our chances of winning. You want everyone to protest if we don't start our worst player?

 

Jared Carter is our worst player, but he is STILL a player and he has made it through 4 years at Kentucky. He has earned the right to start on Senior Night. Is it really going to kill our chances to win if they put him in for a minute and then take him out?

I hope he don't start. He's had the best seat in the house the past 4 seasons on a team he had no business being on in the first place. That alone should be honor enough for him. Heck, he may even be the bad luck guy. We might start getting out of this mess when he leaves.

I don't think Billy Hicks would start J. Carter at Scott Co this year, let alone Billy G. start him at UK.

 

I would be surprised to see him start on senior day. Most schools no longer honor that tradition and if I were on the selection committee there is no way I would take a school who started Jared Carter even for one game.

I don't think Billy Hicks would start J. Carter at Scott Co this year, let alone Billy G. start him at UK.

 

I would be surprised to see him start on senior day. Most schools no longer honor that tradition and if I were on the selection committee there is no way I would take a school who started Jared Carter even for one game.

 

Which schools no longer honor that? I have never seen any school that didn't start their seniors on senior day.

I don't think Billy Hicks would start J. Carter at Scott Co this year, let alone Billy G. start him at UK.

 

I would be surprised to see him start on senior day. Most schools no longer honor that tradition and if I were on the selection committee there is no way I would take a school who started Jared Carter even for one game.

 

That my friend....is the quote of the century. I have never agreed more with someone.

Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

 

I can see Billy Clyde tradition now. An average program playing an OCS that would make Campbellsville happy. Kentucky has always been big on tradition. Rick Pitino and Tubby Smith both welcomed former players to be a part of the program. My opinion is Billy Clyde needs some class to go along with his limited coaching ability.

Let me add I do think he will start and will lead his team to a 72-57 win.:D

That my friend....is the quote of the century. I have never agreed more with someone.

 

This.

I sure hope he starts, especially since there is only one senior!

I'm 100% against senior night. If I'm not good enough to start all season, don't start me on senior night just because I've been at a school for 4 years. Personally, I would be embarrassed knowing the only reason I was in the game was because of the years I had been there and not because of my talent.

 

I feel this way about high school sports also.

I meant nothing bad towards Carter or any other senior (high school or college) in my above post. I was stating how I would feel.

 

Give me a plaque, a ball or a nice framed picture, but don't start me because I've been there four years.

He starts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.