Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Carter start against UGA

Featured Replies

Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

 

Not surprised here...:cool:

Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

 

Its not a UK tradition to start the seniors, its a basketball tradition - at every level.

I am pretty sure that Swaboda started. I can't remember a time that a senior didn't start (except one season when we had 6 seniors).

 

I keep thinking there was one time or so but I can't put a finger on it.

 

One good rationale for starting Carter is that if Mike Scott started in '89 (and I think he did), then Carter ought to get to start.

Pitino did not always start the Seniors.

I would think that winning the basketball game would be the most important thing. A loss to Georgia eliminates you from NCAA contention. Why start a player that is obviously not good enough to ever play any minutes? I appreciate his effort and being part of the team. But the object is to win the game. Carter on the floor isn't a means to those ends.

 

Is Carter getting the start and playing the 1st 2 minutes going to hurt us? We started Mark Coury last year, for crying out loud.

 

Heck, Carter would probably win the tip.

 

Pitino did not always start the Seniors.

 

Who didn't he start?

Pitino did not always start the Seniors.

 

Are you sure about that? One time we had 6-7 seniors and he couldn't start them all, but I can't remember any other time.

We need to win more than we need to honor a senior, so I'm inclined to say no. At the same time, I would try to get him some minutes here and there.

Looking back at Jon Scott's site, Chris Gettlefinger did not start his Senior Night Game and is not listed as having played in 1981.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Players/Gettelfinger_Chrisgbg.html

 

Also Todd Svoboda did not play his Senior Night.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19930227Auburn.html

 

 

Those are the only one's I could find right off.

Looking back at Jon Scott's site, Chris Gettlefinger did not start his Senior Night Game and is not listed as having played in 1981.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Players/Gettelfinger_Chrisgbg.html

 

Also Todd Svoboda did not play his Senior Night.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19930227Auburn.html

 

 

Those are the only one's I could find right off.

 

 

Svoboda might have been the season that our whole lineup was seniors. We had like 6-7 seniors that season. Is that the same season I'm thinking about?

Are you sure about that? One time we had 6-7 seniors and he couldn't start them all, but I can't remember any other time.

 

Chris Harrison did not start his Senior Year 94-95. He played in 24game with 0 starts.

Every ex-player I have talked to said that BCG does want them around the program and they are not made to feel welcome by the current staff. Most stated that Billy Clyde isn't much on UK's tradition and wants to build his own. With that being said, I don't see Carter starting.

 

That's funny every bit of their recruiting literature is based on the UK tradition.

Preston LeMaster started on his senior night.

 

I'm pretty sure Josh Carrier started on senior night.

 

Masiello started on senior night.

 

Troy McKinley started on senior night.

Svoboda might have been the season that our whole lineup was seniors. We had like 6-7 seniors that season. Is that the same season I'm thinking about?

 

No. Dale Brown was a Senior and Mashburn was going pro. I don't believe there were anymore Seniors but Svoboda.

 

I can't think of any season you are referring to since maybe '75 when they had 6 Seniors on the team.

 

I can't think of any season you are referring to since maybe '75 when they had 6 Seniors on the team.

 

04 5

88 5 (King Rex would have made 6, right?)

84 5

75 6

70, 71, and 72 each had 5

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.