Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Tournament Bound?

Will UK make the Big Dance? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Will UK make the Big Dance?

    • Yes, they will receive an at-large bid
      46%
      36
    • Yes, they will win the SEC tournament
      6%
      5
    • No, they will be NIT bound
      47%
      37

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No chance they are DONE!!!!

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will get an at-large bid on Jodie Meeks back plus all the rabid travelers who'll follow them anywhere to get their hearts broken!

They win out and make a decent SEC tourney run and get in as a #10 or #11 seed.

They will get an at-large bid on Jodie Meeks back plus all the rabid travelers who'll follow them anywhere to get their hearts broken!

 

People put WAY too much stock in a pipe dream. This isn't the Bowl system...

I think they are out. They love looking at the "last 10" and UK has performed poorly.

Wrong. All things being equal, 2 wins over UT would be huge if it came down to that.

 

If you think UK is getting in before UT with the schedule those two have played you don't have a firm grasp on how it works.

They win out and make a decent SEC tourney run and get in as a #10 or #11 seed.

 

Win out? What team have you been watching? They're not winning in Gainesville. No chance.

It will now take 3 more wins IMO.

Will they? Probably. Will they deserve it? Probably not.

They don't deserve it, but they will probably get in over some of the other teams just because they are UK.

They don't deserve it, but they will probably get in over some of the other teams just because they are UK.

Sorry, that just doesn't mean what it use to.

I BLEED BLUE. Always have, always will.

 

This team is not worthy. Every UK fan on this site wants to see them make it, as do I. But, we all have to admit, they stink.

Before we entered this final six-game stretch, I said we would need to go 4-2 (beginning w/ the Vandy game) to make it to the Dance. I thought we would need to be 11-5 in the conference. Now, I believe 10-6 will get it, but I don't think we'll go 10-6.

 

The only thing that his helping UK right now is that other conference teams can't seal the deal. USC's loss to Vandy, Florida's loss to UT, UT's loss to UK, UK's loss to LSU...the mediocrity of the conference is really the only thread by which UK is hanging.

 

I don't see us beating Florida. I don't see us winning more than 1 game in the SEC tourney. I just think it's very, very bleak right now.

  • Author

The most recent Bracketology has them listed as a 10-seed

Beating UT twice is irrelevant IMO. UT stepped up and played a very touch schedule unlike UK. UT SOS is 2. UK SOS is 73.

 

UT gets in before UK .

 

As I said if we end up winning our next two games. It would be very hard to put in a Florida or a Tennessee over us since we did beat them both twice. With that said I think UT is in no matter what now actually, so my point is if they are in then I dont think they leave UK out. Especially if we win our next two games, because we could be tied with UT in conference record and have beat them twice. So yeah it would be very hard to have UT in and keep UK out. Win the next two and UK is in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.