Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Billy done it?

Featured Replies

I would have though PP was automatic to leave before the season started, but with the injuries (ankle last year, finger/ankle this year), I'm starting to think he'll be back.

 

I'm almost positive Meeks will be back. He would be making a big mistake (ala Kelenna) if he leaves this year.

I don't see the Meeks/Azibuke parallel at all. Kelenna was universally acknowledged to not be ready. His best season, the year he left after, he didn't even average 15 PPG. Meeks is having the type of season that he probably can't duplicate, and thus his stock will probably not get higher. I think he's gone, and justifiably.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't this the 8th grader he signed? I thought he verballed as an 8th grader will he already be here next year?

 

Your thinking about the Italian kid. Vilarino I believe is one of his A and M connections sticking with him.

I don't see the Meeks/Azibuke parallel at all. Kelenna was universally acknowledged to not be ready. His best season, the year he left after, he didn't even average 15 PPG. Meeks is having the type of season that he probably can't duplicate, and thus his stock will probably not get higher. I think he's gone, and justifiably.

 

His stock can without a doubt rise. He will not be a 1st rounder this year, unless he absolutely goes off down the stretch and he carries them to a deep tournament run. If he comes back, he may only average 17-18 points a game, but improve the areas he needs to (ball-handling, getting to the rim, passing), and be a much more NBA ready prospect.

 

Patterson on the other hand, could potentially be a 1st rounder this year, and although he too could probably improve his status with another year, it's hard to blame him if he bolts for the guaranteed money.

 

In all reality, I really do see both coming back, although I wouldn't be shocked if neither does.

Your thinking about the Italian kid. Vilarino I believe is one of his A and M connections sticking with him.

 

Vilarino committed to UK about a week or so after Gillispie was named UK's coach. I think 3wishes is thinking of Avery or Zollo.

Isn't this the 8th grader he signed? I thought he verballed as an 8th grader will he already be here next year?

 

No. GJ was the first kid to verbal after BCG came to UK.

 

Avery is the 8th grader, and he won't be around until 2012.

 

Here are the classes as of now.

 

2009:

Orton ©

Hood (SG)

Vilarino (PG)

(Pilgrim) (F)

(Williams?) (SG)

 

2010:

Dominique Ferguson (PF)

KC Ross-Miller (G)

Dakota Euton (PF)

 

2011:

Vinny Zollo (F)

 

2012:

Michael Avery (G)

His stock can without a doubt rise. He will not be a 1st rounder this year, unless he absolutely goes off down the stretch and he carries them to a deep tournament run. If he comes back, he may only average 17-18 points a game, but improve the areas he needs to (ball-handling, getting to the rim, passing), and be a much more NBA ready prospect.

 

Patterson on the other hand, could potentially be a 1st rounder this year, and although he too could probably improve his status with another year, it's hard to blame him if he bolts for the guaranteed money.

 

In all reality, I really do see both coming back, although I wouldn't be shocked if neither does.

 

:thumb:

 

Meeks is a second rounder if he's drafted at all this year. Its unlikely he'll hurt his spot by returning.

You look at the recruiting he has brought with Orton, Patterson and the rest.

 

But quietly, has Billy built a championship caliber team for next season with the addition of the players?

 

Added a dominate low post player to compliment Patterson in Orton.

Added a great backup of post players in Pilgrim.

Added a scoring wing in Hood.

Added a 'true' point guard in Vilarino.

 

I'm not trying to make the roster and depth chart for next season, but without huge blockbuster signings, has Gillispie built a dominate team for next season (assuming Meeks/Patterson stay)?

 

Everyone was convinced last year that his class this year was assured to be great from day 1. But they aren't even the best freshman in the SEC right now. So I would say no, but I also don't expect to see Meeks or Patterson next year in a Kentucky uniform. Maybe one of them but not both of them.

I'd say 85% that Meeks and Patterson return form the things I've heard recently...

I'd say 85% that Meeks and Patterson return form the things I've heard recently...

 

That would be spectacular.

I just can't imagine that both Meeks and Patterson stay. I think one stays and one is gone. I hope Orton/Harrelson/Stevenson can fill Patterson's shoes.

 

In my opinion, unless something changes from now until draft declaration time, Meeks and Patterson have more to risk in staying another year than going pro... I'm sorry but there is no way that Meeks will go higher in next year's draft than he will in this year's, and for Patterson, my guess is that if he thinks he can definitely get drafted this year then he's gone.

Liggins was supposed to be an immediate impact player as well so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Who is Pilgrim and where is he coming from.

 

Transfer from Hampton College. Transfer with 2 years left...

Transfer from Hampton College. Transfer with 2 years left...

 

What position does he play?

In my opinion, unless something changes from now until draft declaration time, Meeks and Patterson have more to risk in staying another year than going pro... I'm sorry but there is no way that Meeks will go higher in next year's draft than he will in this year's, and for Patterson, my guess is that if he thinks he can definitely get drafted this year then he's gone.

 

There is no way that Meeks would hurt his draft position by returning for another year barring injury of course.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.