Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Billy done it?

Featured Replies

Just to be clear Wade is a top 5 NBA talent not above average. Meeks is not.

 

I agree...

 

Also, Wade is a slasher, and mid-range shooter. He is not a good 3pt shooter at all. Plus Wade is a much stronger rebounder and passer.

 

Meeks is more one dimensional. The one thing he does REALLY well though.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually that's what NBA scouts say Meeks needs to improve on, but yeah, you're right it's just me....

 

He does need to improve, but you're already on record as saying it, we don't need to hear it in every thread.

No. GJ was the first kid to verbal after BCG came to UK.

 

Avery is the 8th grader, and he won't be around until 2012.

 

Here are the classes as of now.

 

2009:

Orton ©

Hood (SG)

Vilarino (PG)

(Pilgrim) (F)

(Williams?) (SG)

 

2010:

Dominique Ferguson (PF)

KC Ross-Miller (G)

Dakota Euton (PF)

 

2011:

Vinny Zollo (F)

 

2012:

Michael Avery (G)

 

I look for Euton to fill in the shoes of the last Scott countian to come to UK ! Way down at the end of the bench. Much too slow to play ball at the D1 level. Hopefully BCG will change his mind about him and give that spot to someone who can help us. There are at least 3 players on the Scott Co. team who I'd rather have. (Guyn, Jackson, Phares)

Edited by One of The Tribe
spelling

He does need to improve, but you're already on record as saying it, we don't need to hear it in every thread.

 

This is a thread talking about if Patterson or Meeks will be back....What else am I supposed to talk about?

I think Jodie is pretty good at creating his own shot. He definitely has room for improvement in that area though.

I think Jodie is pretty good at creating his own shot. He definitely has room for improvement in that area though.

 

I was speaking more in terms of getting to the rim. Sure, he can get to the basket off the bounce, but he seems to be somewhat out of control or doesn't really have an idea of what he's going to do when he gets there IMO.

I was speaking more in terms of getting to the rim. Sure, he can get to the basket off the bounce, but he seems to be somewhat out of control or doesn't really have an idea of what he's going to do when he gets there IMO.

 

I agree and I think that is more of a ball handling issue than anything else.

If we only lose Carter, how are we going to sign 4 players? Where are the extra scholarships? Even if Meeks and PP both go early, wouldn't we still would need one more?

  • Author
If we only lose Carter, how are we going to sign 4 players? Where are the extra scholarships? Even if Meeks and PP both go early, wouldn't we still would need one more?

 

I think we'll have three. One from Carter. One from Williams, who will no longer be on scholarship. And either someone will go academic, leave, or whatever for the third scholarship.

 

Pilgrim is on scholarship this season, so it will be no different next season.

I think we'll have three. One from Carter. One from Williams, who will no longer be on scholarship. And either someone will go academic, leave, or whatever for the third scholarship.

 

Pilgrim is on scholarship this season, so it will be no different next season.

 

What's the deal w/ Williams? Why won't he be on scholly next season?

What's the deal w/ Williams? Why won't he be on scholly next season?

He is basically a walk on good enough to take one of the spots unused for this year...

He is basically a walk on good enough to take one of the spots unused for this year...

 

When he committed to the Cats I remember he was an unknown, but many thought he had a lot of potential & could contribute from the wing.

 

Obviously that is no longer the case.

When he committed to the Cats I remember he was an unknown, but many thought he had a lot of potential & could contribute from the wing.

 

Obviously that is no longer the case.

"Many" often have no clue what they are talking about... :D

Just to be clear Wade is a top 5 NBA talent not above average. Meeks is not.

 

Just to be clear... I said Meeks reminded me of Wade WHEN he played against UK. I believe he will be an above average PRO but no one ever knows if he could turn out to be a top five or not. No one thought Wade would be a top five coming out of college.:rolleyes:

Of course, next season's success primarily depends upon decisions by both Meeks & Patterson. I want them both to be back, but if they can make millions next season, I would be selfish to demand them to stay. Patterson is a first rounder, and Meeks a late first-rounder/early second-rounder. But then again, I don't know much about NBA scouting--what teams are looking for. I think in time Meeks will be the better pro.

 

Regardless of what happens with these two guys, the big question marks are Orton & Hood. I think Orton is a talent. Seems to be a Randolph Morris type, from what little I've seen of him. The red flag is his knee injury. We've all seen how knee injuries can hamper a big man. If he bounces back, ala Estill, things could go well. If he doesn't, ala Sam Bowie (NBA years, that is), then there could be a big, gaping hole in the middle.

 

As for Hood, it's just hard to tell b/c of the talent (or lack thereof) that he's played with in high school. He could turn out like Pelphrey, but also like Carrier. He seems to have the head of Pelphrey. Let's just hope he has the talent too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.