Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Billy done it?

Featured Replies

Just to be clear... I said Meeks reminded me of Wade WHEN he played against UK. I believe he will be an above average PRO but no one ever knows if he could turn out to be a top five or not. No one thought Wade would be a top five coming out of college.:rolleyes:

 

Wade was picked higher than Meeks is going to be and he could score off the dribble. I think he went in the top 5 and could have gone higher if Detroot didn't think they were set at his position. He was also more athletic.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mock drafts I googled:

 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

 

19 Utah Patrick Patterson 6-8 235 PF Kentucky So

33 LA Clippers Jodie Meeks 6-4 207 SG Kentucky Jr.

 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/

 

16. 76ers Patrick Patterson PF

Meeks not drafted

 

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

 

7) Golden State Warriors: Patrick Patterson (PF, 6-9, 235, Soph, Kentucky Wildcats, 17.8ppg 9.1rpg)

 

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2009-NBA-Mock-Draft

 

21 New Orleans Patrick Patterson

no second round listed

 

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm

 

13. Patrick Patterson

38. Jodie Meeks

 

I like this , kinda funny to me.

Meeks cannot create his own shot or handle well enough yet for the NBA. He needs to come back.

 

I disagree on 1/2 of your post. Meeks can create his own shot, however, I agree that he does need to improve his ball handling. He has everything else.

I disagree on 1/2 of your post. Meeks can create his own shot, however, I agree that he does need to improve his ball handling. He has everything else.

 

He can create his own shot, but not well enough. He can get to the basket, but is usually out of control when he gets there.

 

He needs to improve his passing as well. His size is going to hinder him in the NBA IMO.

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

Before the season I would say Patterson would be gone after this season but with the injuries and the rumor he could graduate after next year, I think he returns. Plus, although I'm probably wrong, it seems his stock has fallen a little because he is suddenly looked at as the number two player on this team. He may or may not be, but in the media eye, it seems this way.As for next years team, if they both return, I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks play some point guard, especially if Hood and Miller prove to be able to shoot.

 

I don't think this matters at all to talent evaluators. If you remeber Marvin Williams was drafted #2 overall from the Carolina team that won the Championship a few years ago and I believe he was the 6th man.

Hoops Report has Meeks 6th and Patterson 16th.

 

http://www.hoopsreport.com/news/draftnews/2009nbadraftanalysis

 

Quote from the site if you read the whole article. If I am reading it right they are not predicting any kind of order.

 

We have to warn you, however, that this isn’t your typical “mock draft” that attempts to predict what spot the players will be drafted in and to which team they will go. Instead, our list is a ranking of the top prospects likely to enter this year’s draft.

 

If players are drafted lower or higher than we have them on our list that only means that we held a different opinion of that player than the NBA execs and scouts; or that variables such as team-needs, injuries etc. impacted the player’s popularity.

 

We would like to point out, however, that it is our goal for this list to be more accurate at forecasting future NBA success than the actual order of the draft itself.

He can create his own shot, but not well enough. He can get to the basket, but is usually out of control when he gets there.

 

He needs to improve his passing as well. His size is going to hinder him in the NBA IMO.

 

I agree on the passing, although I think he is showing improvement. But at 6'4", I think his size is fine. Delk had a little trouble at the next level, but he was only 6'1". He also elevates and has great quickness/speed.

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

Before the season I would say Patterson would be gone after this season but with the injuries and the rumor he could graduate after next year, I think he returns. Plus, although I'm probably wrong, it seems his stock has fallen a little because he is suddenly looked at as the number two player on this team. He may or may not be, but in the media eye, it seems this way.

 

As for next years team, if they both return, I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks play some point guard, especially if Hood and Miller prove to be able to shoot.

 

Dwayne Wade? Are you kidding me? Meeks is a good player, but Dwayne Wade was a top 5 pick, and is probably the 3rd best wing player in the NBA right now. Dwayne Wade put Marquette on his back and took them to the final four, not just with his scoring but with passing, defense and rebounding. The comparison between the two is in the scoring averages only, they have nothing in common besides that and they are undersized SG's for the pro game. Wade makes up for that with extreme quicks and athleticism, Meeks will have to make up for that with his long range game.

For an NBA type game, Meeks is a good but streaky shooter that is it. He doesn't have the athleticism to get to the basket in the SEC, let alone with Kobe or LeBron guarding him. He will be undersized, and obviously won't be a PG since he doesn't play it at UK, and we have about the worst PG situation in major college basketball. He MIGHT be able to become something like a Delonte West or Morris Peterson, I doubt anything more, and I'll all but guarantee he won't be D-Wade.

I agree on the passing, although I think he is showing improvement. But at 6'4", I think his size is fine. Delk had a little trouble at the next level, but he was only 6'1". He also elevates and has great quickness/speed.

 

Delk was a PG though, Meeks is far from it. Meeks is going to be going up against guys that are 3-4 inches bigger than he is on a nightly basis. Not to mention most of them can all handle and are just as quick as Jodie. I just think he's going to have trouble competing with the typical NBA 2G. JMO.

Quote from the site if you read the whole article. If I am reading it right they are not predicting any kind of order.

 

We have to warn you, however, that this isn’t your typical “mock draft” that attempts to predict what spot the players will be drafted in and to which team they will go. Instead, our list is a ranking of the top prospects likely to enter this year’s draft.

 

If players are drafted lower or higher than we have them on our list that only means that we held a different opinion of that player than the NBA execs and scouts; or that variables such as team-needs, injuries etc. impacted the player’s popularity.

 

We would like to point out, however, that it is our goal for this list to be more accurate at forecasting future NBA success than the actual order of the draft itself.

 

That's correct. They have Meeks as the 6th best player in the draft and Patterson as the 16th best player.

That's correct. They have Meeks as the 6th best player in the draft and Patterson as the 16th best player.

 

Read this last line in the quote

 

We would like to point out, however, that it is our goal for this list to be more accurate at forecasting future NBA success than the actual order of the draft itself.

 

They are not saying that is where they expect them to go in the draft.

Read this last line in the quote

 

We would like to point out, however, that it is our goal for this list to be more accurate at forecasting future NBA success than the actual order of the draft itself.

 

They are not saying that is where they expect them to go in the draft.

 

That's correct. They have Meeks as the 6th best player in the draft and Patterson as the 16th best player.

Hoopshype.com has a draft section on their site that has been pretty accurate at predicting which players will get drafted and they update it constantly. I have yet to see Meeks in the first round of their predictions (they won't show second round predictions until much closer to draft time). This is a site purely devoted to the NBA game and they know what they're talking about, that being said, IMO it's a huge mistake if Jodie leave after this year.

 

They do have Patterson being drafted 16 by the PIstons and that has been pretty consistent over the last 2 years. They also had him going at about the same spot last year if he would have come out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.