Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Billy done it?

Featured Replies

What position does he play?

 

Combo forward but mostly a PF...

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say 85% that Meeks and Patterson return form the things I've heard recently...

 

 

I certainly hope you're right.

Combo forward but mostly a PF...

 

 

What kind of range does he have? Does he have good hands? Does he play better facing the basket or with his back to the basket? What former UK player would you compare him to?

What kind of range does he have? Does he have good hands? Does he play better facing the basket or with his back to the basket? What former UK player would you compare him to?

He has a decent mid range game out to about 17 feet or so. Can knock down the occasional 3, but you don't want him out there shooting a lot. More of a face up player, but is pretty strong.

 

It's not a popular opinion, but I'm not a fan. He's a Cincinnati kid, and I've been watching him for years. Passes the look test, and can be really good in open gym type settings, but it has never really translated to a real game. Plus he can be a head case at times. If he has grown up and started to learn how to play when it counts he can help in the post...

He has a decent mid range game out to about 17 feet or so. Can knock down the occasional 3, but you don't want him out there shooting a lot. More of a face up player, but is pretty strong.

 

It's not a popular opinion, but I'm not a fan. He's a Cincinnati kid, and I've been watching him for years. Passes the look test, and can be really good in open gym type settings, but it has never really translated to a real game. Plus he can be a head case at times. If he has grown up and started to learn how to play when it counts he can help in the post...

 

 

 

Well hopefully Billy Clyde can work the same magic he did with Crawford. Does he have the talent of a Chuck Hayes or Erik Daniels?

Well hopefully Billy Clyde can work the same magic he did with Crawford. Does he have the talent of a Chuck Hayes or Erik Daniels?

He COULD turn in to that type of talent. Those were 200% effort players though...

You look at the recruiting he has brought with Orton, Patterson and the rest.

 

But quietly, has Billy built a championship caliber team for next season with the addition of the players?

 

Added a dominate low post player to compliment Patterson in Orton.

Added a great backup of post players in Pilgrim.

Added a scoring wing in Hood.

Added a 'true' point guard in Vilarino.

 

I'm not trying to make the roster and depth chart for next season, but without huge blockbuster signings, has Gillispie built a dominate team for next season (assuming Meeks/Patterson stay)?

Counting on freshmen to be major contributors is a dicey proposition ...
He COULD turn in to that type of talent. Those were 200% effort players though...

 

 

I agree. Those two guys would have been poster childs for Billy G.

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

Before the season I would say Patterson would be gone after this season but with the injuries and the rumor he could graduate after next year, I think he returns. Plus, although I'm probably wrong, it seems his stock has fallen a little because he is suddenly looked at as the number two player on this team. He may or may not be, but in the media eye, it seems this way.

 

As for next years team, if they both return, I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks play some point guard, especially if Hood and Miller prove to be able to shoot.

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

Before the season I would say Patterson would be gone after this season but with the injuries and the rumor he could graduate after next year, I think he returns. Plus, although I'm probably wrong, it seems his stock has fallen a little because he is suddenly looked at as the number two player on this team. He may or may not be, but in the media eye, it seems this way.

 

As for next years team, if they both return, I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks play some point guard, especially if Hood and Miller prove to be able to shoot.

I would say a big portion of Patterson's draft stock has to do with a relatively weak 2009 Rookie NBA class. If it were a strong class, he would almost be a lock to return, imo.

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

 

 

Meeks cannot create his own shot or handle well enough yet for the NBA. He needs to come back.

Mock drafts I googled:

 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

 

19 Utah Patrick Patterson 6-8 235 PF Kentucky So

33 LA Clippers Jodie Meeks 6-4 207 SG Kentucky Jr.

 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2009/

 

16. 76ers Patrick Patterson PF

Meeks not drafted

 

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

 

7) Golden State Warriors: Patrick Patterson (PF, 6-9, 235, Soph, Kentucky Wildcats, 17.8ppg 9.1rpg)

 

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2009-NBA-Mock-Draft

 

21 New Orleans Patrick Patterson

no second round listed

 

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm

 

13. Patrick Patterson

38. Jodie Meeks

IMO Meeks reminds me a lot of Dwayne Wade when he torched UK a few years back in the tourney. Meeks will be an above average Pro.. He can shoot, handle the ball, high basketball IQ, and most importantly for a Pro he can create his own shot. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

 

Before the season I would say Patterson would be gone after this season but with the injuries and the rumor he could graduate after next year, I think he returns. Plus, although I'm probably wrong, it seems his stock has fallen a little because he is suddenly looked at as the number two player on this team. He may or may not be, but in the media eye, it seems this way.

 

As for next years team, if they both return, I wouldn't mind seeing Meeks play some point guard, especially if Hood and Miller prove to be able to shoot.

 

Just to be clear Wade is a top 5 NBA talent not above average. Meeks is not.

Meeks cannot create his own shot or handle well enough yet for the NBA. He needs to come back.

 

We're aware that you don't think he's that good....but he is

We're aware that you don't think he's that good....but he is

 

Actually that's what NBA scouts say Meeks needs to improve on, but yeah, you're right it's just me....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.