How well will UK have to do in 2009 for the season to be a "success?"

jbwill2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hartline and Newton start the year with both playing in the games, Newton eventually takes over full time. Randall Cobb will be playing more WR. And Mossakowski will redshirt to provide separation between him and Newton...

I think it will be a battle between Moss and Newton, and could end up possibly resulting in a QB by committee type situation being both are nice talents. Also I wouldn't be suprised to see whoever doesn't start get some looks at another position.

I think we could possibly see a Leak/Tebow situation (The Two Quarterback System) a little in place this year. I love Hartline, I hope he has a great season but I think that in the end that either Newton or Mossakowski will take over before seasons end.

Mossakowski, at this point and time, is the better passer of the two while Newton is the better runner. You might see Moss take the snaps and then have Newton come in as well to run a little but also pass here and there to keep the defense honest.

Also you might see a little trickery here and there too with Mossakowski and Newton. They could both be in at the same time where Moss is taking the snaps with Newton lined up somewhere where he could catch a ball and use his a running ability or just get a rushin attempt. Also, in addition to that, you might see a play developing like that where you have Mossakowski handing or throwing the ball (backwards pass) to Newton where he throws a long ball downfield instead of running.

We could see several things this upcoming year.

I think we could possibly see a Leak/Tebow situation (The Two Quarterback System) a little in place this year. I love Hartline, I hope he has a great season but I think that in the end that either Newton or Mossakowski will take over before seasons end.

Mossakowski, at this point and time, is the better passer of the two while Newton is the better runner. You might see Moss take the snaps and then have Newton come in as well to run a little but also pass here and there to keep the defense honest.

Also you might see a little trickery here and there too with Mossakowski and Newton. They could both be in at the same time where Moss is taking the snaps with Newton lined up somewhere where he could catch a ball and use his a running ability or just get a rushin attempt. Also, in addition to that, you might see a play developing like that where you have Mossakowski handing or throwing the ball (backwards pass) to Newton where he throws a long ball downfield instead of running.

We could see several things this upcoming year.

Let's remember that Mossakowski is coming off a rough shoulder injury.

I might be alone, bit this program has grown tremendously over the past several years and shown huge improvment; however, I believe that in order to be "successful" Kentucky now needs to be COMPETITIVE in the SEC. 4th, 5th and 6th in the SECEast is not competitive imo. Its time for this program to take the next step and beat a South Carolina, Georgia, Florida or all three.

P.S. I think a bowl bid is a must regardless for this program to keep moving in the right direction.

I might be alone, bit this program has grown tremendously over the past several years and shown huge improvment; however, I believe that in order to be "successful" Kentucky now needs to be COMPETITIVE in the SEC. 4th, 5th and 6th in the SECEast is not competitive imo. Its time for this program to take the next step and beat a South Carolina, Georgia, Florida or all three.

P.S. I think a bowl bid is a must regardless for this program to keep moving in the right direction.

The Cats might be able to knock off Georgia or South Carolina. To beat Florida this next season would be a very tall order for any team. Think eight wins would be a successful season. I am Gator fan but pull for Cats except when they play Florida.

I'd like to see them at least finish 8-5 with another bowl victory.

They've got some real momentum going with 3 straight bowl wins...they need to keep that going and keep improving on the recruiting trail. As long as they do that, the season will be successful. The worst thing that could happen is for the bottom to fall out and everyone to regain the defeated attitude of "same old Kentucky". That could be disastrous to our recruiting effort.

The longer we can keep stringing together winning seasons and bowl wins and competing with the big boys 2 or 3 times per year, our recruiting has the chance to improve and we have the chance to keep climbing up that ladder.