How well will UK have to do in 2009 for the season to be a "success?"

jbwill2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put a graph up, it would show a trend of progress over the past few years. However the line would be GRADUALLY going up from year to year, just like a 4% gain in a stock price.

I saw more progress in the recruiting class just signed, but I think 7 regular season wins would be a great year.

I believe the Cats at the least would have to over .500, a 6-6 season to me is not that sucsesssful for them now. I am probably in a minority that I don't believe that 6 wins should get a team (any team) a bowl game. I enjoyed watching U.K. in the bowl and glad they won but is jmo that you don't reward mediocrity and 6-6 is a mediocre season. Playing in the SEC is super tough. U.K. has came from scraping the bottom of the SEC to the middle of the pack. I hope that they can move in the top 3 or 4 of the SEC and they need to but I have my doubts. With teams and traditons like Bama, Fla., LSU, UGA and U.T. (although they are down now they will be back) it will be tough to do for U.K.. JMO and GO BIG BLUE!!!...Prove me wrong!

I think that U.K. has definately taken great strides under Brooks and I fully admit that I was wrong about him in the first 2 or 3 years. I hope that they can advance further up the SEC ladder, the Cats are starting to get better recruits in now so things may be looking up in the future :thumb:.

If you put a graph up, it would show a trend of progress over the past few years. However the line would be GRADUALLY going up from year to year, just like a 4% gain in a stock price.

I saw more progress in the recruiting class just signed, but I think 7 regular season wins would be a great year.

I know what you are saying but in this day and time a "stock market/ price" comparison may not be the best one in the world to use.:scared: :lol:

Next year UK should have a much better season than this year. A couple of years ago we had the offense with no defense, and last season we had the defense with no offense. With almost the entire defensive unit coming back and with some key additions to the offensive side (especially QB) I think this season will be the one where the Cats start to get both sides of the ball on the same page. So looking forward the team should be presumably better than last years thus making a successful season in my eyes 8-4 before playing a bowl game and to make it to a bowl other than the Music City or Liberty Bowl. I mean don't get me wrong I love the fact that Kentucky is even competing in football now and winning bowl games, but the program has been descent the past two or three years and wins such as LSU a couple years ago shows the Cats can now compete with anyone. To build on that the program should keep improving and not regress, thus I feel this is the year to win more games and to make a better bowl in order to be truly successful, although making another bowl game period would still be considered a success being it is Kentucky football.