Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Catholics...

Featured Replies

I never cease to be amazed at the ignorance of most Protestants in regard to what the Catholic Church teaches. This ignorance extends in the other direction also. We would all be better for it if we learned the truth about others before condemning them. But, then, that is probably expecting too much in this day of commercialized Christianity.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hound, I see your point, but if I can show someone maybe a different way or something that convinces them what the scripture teaches we are called to do just that.

 

Example: I have never understood the Virgin Mary role in the Church. And I don't want to go there for the sake of the thread, but my bible shows a different side of her role.

Gee, really? I've never heard that before. :lol:

I much prefer Catholic Mass over the hour long huffing and stomping Freewill Baptist rants I heard growing up..

I love that kind of preaching^^^^, have any old tapes I could borrow?

 

Hail Mary full of grace. Someone explain that prayer or is it a prayer or something that is recited.

I love that kind of preaching^^^^, have any old tapes I could borrow?

 

Hail Mary full of grace. Someone explain that prayer or is it a prayer or something that is recited.

 

Read the rest of the prayer, it pretty much explains itself...

Someone post it and lets break it down. But first show me scripture where the "Prayer" is.

Someone post it and lets break it down. But first show me scripture where the "Prayer" is.

 

You know, I pray to God all the time throughout the day for help, guidance, and to understand His plan for me but none of my prayers (me talking/praying to God that is) will you find in the Bible or Scriptures, am I not praying simply because my prayers aren't in there? :confused:

AL, Why?

 

You don't believe it and if I interpret your posting history on the subject you pretty much think that we Catholics are sinning by saying the prayer. The text of the prayer is easilly found so please feel free to look it up.

 

And to address your question about where in the scripture the prayer comes from I would invite you to look up the Prayer of St. Francis, read it, and then explain to me why it's not a real prayer because it is not a quote from scripture.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou about amongst women, and blessed it the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

 

We are praying for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin, the Mother of God. We are not praying to her. I can assume that I'm going to straight to hell because of it.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou about amongst women, and blessed it the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

 

We are praying for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin, the Mother of God. We are not praying to her. I can assume that I'm going to straight to hell because of it.

 

CCH, you must be saying your Rosary too fast, you skipped three very important words from the "Hail Mary". After Holy Mary comes, "Mother of God", pray for us sinners, etc.

CCH, you must be saying your Rosary too fast, you skipped three very important words from the "Hail Mary". After Holy Mary comes, "Mother of God", pray for us sinners, etc.

 

:lol: Typed it too fast. Could a mod hook me up with an edit?

Don't know if this falls into this thread but if we study the biblewe will see that we should all throw away our labels and tags and focus on the ONE thing we all have in common JESUS CHRIST

 

1 Cor.1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

 

1 Cor.1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

 

1 Cor.3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

 

1 Cor.3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

 

I am pretty sure it reads the same way no matter what version you are reading

 

I never cease to be amazed at the ignorance of most Protestants in regard to what the Catholic Church teaches. This ignorance extends in the other direction also. We would all be better for it if we learned the truth about others before condemning them. But, then, that is probably expecting too much in this day of commercialized Christianity.

 

:thumb:

 

Very good posts. And, one area that BGP has certainly helped me to grow.

Why are so many people hung up about the Hail Mary?

I have always found that a bit comical.

A beautiful prayer .

Why are so many people hung up about the Hail Mary?

I have always found that a bit comical.

They think we are worshipping Mary. Of course, that's not true at all. We don't ask for her will to be done on Earth, we just pray for her intercession.

 

Then again, we are also accused of worshipping the Pope. And worshipping Saints. And worshipping statues. And worshipping Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis. Basically, Catholics are accused of worshipping everyone but God.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.