Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Catholics...

Featured Replies

Wyro, I posted scripture on here to ask my questions. Like I said about Mary, "She is highly blessed and had her role". Being misinformed when quoting scripture? Not one person has answered my questions about Jesus calling Mary "woman"/his brothers & sisters/Mary not being mentioned but 2 times after the Gospel. They can't because this is scripture, so how am I "Ignorant?"

 

What does Campbellites/Christian church have to do with this thread?

  • Replies 137
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wyro, I posted scripture on here to ask my questions. Like I said about Mary, "She is highly blessed and had her role". Being misinformed when quoting scripture? Not one person has answered my questions about Jesus calling Mary "woman"/his brothers & sisters/Mary not being mentioned but 2 times after the Gospel. They can't because this is scripture, so how am I "Ignorant?"

 

What does Campbellites/Christian church have to do with this thread?

 

Now, Larry, we were making progress. Don't botch it up.

Its amazing what I learn on here. I'm a lifelong Catholic and never knew there were factions in the Church that believe the song is "heresy."

 

Just curious. Why do they believe it is heresy?

Just curious. Why do they believe it is heresy?

 

I believe it has to do with the issue of grace and when one actually receives the gift of grace.

Of all the 'Great Schism' threads I have ever read on this board, this one probably causes me the most rancor.

 

We actually now have devolved into the 'weighing' of whether Catholics or Baptists disdain one another more.

 

Any attempt to portray either side as laying at the foot of the cross with all of this is futile. We act on here as if the wheel has been reinvented, when in fact these things have been argued since Luther posted his Theses.

 

I simply do not understand the back-handed assaults on Southeast Christian Church earlier in this thread. At least from the standpoint of the thread, they appear unprovoked. I know that Southeast has inter-denominational classes that teach members about other faiths, including Islam and Judaism, and other denominations, including Catholicism.

Of all the 'Great Schism' threads I have ever read on this board, this one probably causes me the most rancor.

 

We actually now have devolved into the 'weighing' of whether Catholics or Baptists disdain one another more.

 

Any attempt to portray either side as laying at the foot of the cross with all of this is futile. We act on here as if the wheel has been reinvented, when in fact these things have been argued since Luther posted his Theses.

 

I simply do not understand the back-handed assaults on Southeast Christian Church earlier in this thread. At least from the standpoint of the thread, they appear unprovoked. I know that Southeast has inter-denominational classes that teach members about other faiths, including Islam and Judaism, and other denominations, including Catholicism.

 

I think I agree with you. :idunno::lol:

^^^I brought them up for an example and showed times for Bible studies thats open for everyone and not suggest someone come to MY BAPTIST church. Looking back I should have not used them. I was going neutral. :isurrender:

Of all the 'Great Schism' threads I have ever read on this board, this one probably causes me the most rancor.

 

We actually now have devolved into the 'weighing' of whether Catholics or Baptists disdain one another more.

 

Any attempt to portray either side as laying at the foot of the cross with all of this is futile. We act on here as if the wheel has been reinvented, when in fact these things have been argued since Luther posted his Theses.

 

I simply do not understand the back-handed assaults on Southeast Christian Church earlier in this thread. At least from the standpoint of the thread, they appear unprovoked. I know that Southeast has inter-denominational classes that teach members about other faiths, including Islam and Judaism, and other denominations, including Catholicism.

 

I've got to be honest. Its hard enough keeping up with the workings of my own faith much less trying to weigh it against other faiths.

 

I have zero care how people believe. I am going to base my decision on YOU based on how you treat me and others. The rest is for someone much smarter than me to decide.

Of all the 'Great Schism' threads I have ever read on this board, this one probably causes me the most rancor.

 

We actually now have devolved into the 'weighing' of whether Catholics or Baptists disdain one another more.

 

Any attempt to portray either side as laying at the foot of the cross with all of this is futile. We act on here as if the wheel has been reinvented, when in fact these things have been argued since Luther posted his Theses.

 

I simply do not understand the back-handed assaults on Southeast Christian Church earlier in this thread. At least from the standpoint of the thread, they appear unprovoked. I know that Southeast has inter-denominational classes that teach members about other faiths, including Islam and Judaism, and other denominations, including Catholicism.

 

 

If you're interested in the reasons about Southeast Christian, I'll be happy to answer. I don't think it's for this thread, though.

Of all the 'Great Schism' threads I have ever read on this board, this one probably causes me the most rancor.

 

We actually now have devolved into the 'weighing' of whether Catholics or Baptists disdain one another more.

 

Any attempt to portray either side as laying at the foot of the cross with all of this is futile. We act on here as if the wheel has been reinvented, when in fact these things have been argued since Luther posted his Theses.

 

I simply do not understand the back-handed assaults on Southeast Christian Church earlier in this thread. At least from the standpoint of the thread, they appear unprovoked. I know that Southeast has inter-denominational classes that teach members about other faiths, including Islam and Judaism, and other denominations, including Catholicism.

 

 

Also, you feel rancor? How do you think a Catholic feels whenever one of these types of threads are posted? It's been quite a while since I saw a "Do Baptists...?" thread posted, or any other denomination. And, frankly, it's rancorous to me, because if anyone is REALLY interested in any other faith, there are a plethora of resources to find the answers.

Also, you feel rancor? How do you think a Catholic feels whenever one of these types of threads are posted? It's been quite a while since I saw a "Do Baptists...?" thread posted, or any other denomination. And, frankly, it's rancorous to me, because if anyone is REALLY interested in any other faith, there are a plethora of resources to find the answers.

 

Its very beneficial to have a live discussion with people who actually practice the faith in question as opposed to reading about it from various resources. Believe me, I've read a ton about other faiths, including Catholicism, but its not the same as discussing it with a real person.

 

I'll start a "Do Baptists...?" thread if it will make you feel better. :D:p

Its very beneficial to have a live discussion with people who actually practice the faith in question as opposed to reading about it from various resources. Believe me, I've read a ton about other faiths, including Catholicism, but its not the same as discussing it with a real person.

 

I'll start a "Do Baptists...?" thread if it will make you feel better. :D:p

 

 

And, I do enjoy the conversations....until, after every honest attempt to enlighten, I'm told I'm wrong. I just wonder how I can be wrong, if all I'm doing is explaining what I've been asked to explain.

And, I do enjoy the conversations....until, after every honest attempt to enlighten, I'm told I'm wrong. I just wonder how I can be wrong, if all I'm doing is explaining what I've been asked to explain.

 

I understand. I'm just trying to let you know that your work is not in vain. Offering some encouragement, if you will. Even if the person you're in direct conversation with responds in that way, there are others reading as well.

I understand. I'm just trying to let you know that your work is not in vain. Offering some encouragement, if you will. Even if the person you're in direct conversation with responds in that way, there are others reading as well.

 

 

True. Thanks for reminding me! :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.