Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Catholics...

Featured Replies

I'll give you some credit you are still asking questions where as some have decided to....well I'm not sure where they are.

 

 

Well cch has given up BGP for Lent and the rest of us are probably tired of discussing the same topics ad nauseum over the last 3-4 years when there aren't pertinent politics to discuss.

 

Thus we are resigned to just accepting the fact that no amount of discussion will ever convince you of our point because you frankly just don't want to understand or believe it. If you want answers to your questions I suggest pouring over the archives of P&R for them or searching them out on the Vatican's website. Considering most of the links that RM, Getslow and company post are from there to begin with I would suggest you start your search there.

 

 

 

Note: This is not personal AL, this is just a generalization of many of the people that post the same questions year after year. The "you" was actually meant to cover a broader audience. Sorry if there was any confusion.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Catholic Bible Mary is refered to as the Mother of Jesus.

 

And I go back to my last point, if God the Father, The Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit are three beings withing one being (for lack of a better word) then Mary is the Mother of God. It's very simple as far as I'm concerned.

 

My faith does not depend on my understanding of all of the mysteries of God. I believe I'll get that understanding at my death.

I respect both and all your comments. I don't neded to go to BGPs old posts...can't spell the a word, I just went to the Bible. I'm not trying to get anyone to change anything, but look how many folks looked but didn't post who might learn something from reading...and maybe see that God loved us and there is many ways to Jesus, but only one way to God.

 

If this thread comes up again...I'll post. GrandFather was a Baptist Minister in the Hollars in Alabama. Paul says we can debate as long as we respect each other. Alltell, I remember using the word "Class" in a earlier post referring to the folks who disagreed with me.

 

Ezekiel 3:16

IMO, there will be no Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, etc in Heaven...Only Christians so why all the fuss, if in the end you believe in Christ and seek forgiveness how you get there doesn't much matter does it??

Wow! By this argument, the only denomination that is truly protestant would be the Lutherans. :banana:

 

I didn't know I was a Protestant before I was informed on here that I was one.

read the Bible or have Bible study?

 

This is my understanding too. I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school and I am Bible ignorant. My parish does not promote or encourage "The Bible".

I was considering looking into a church to attend that does have these.

 

I never cease to be amazed at the ignorance of most Protestants in regard to what the Catholic Church teaches. This ignorance extends in the other direction also. We would all be better for it if we learned the truth about others before condemning them. But, then, that is probably expecting too much in this day of commercialized Christianity.

 

You did pick up that the person who started the thread is Catholic and it is not a Protestant attack on the Catholic Church.

 

I agree with you on learning the other side but it seems that when we question and disagree we are told that it is not right to do that to their faith.

IMO, there will be no Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, etc in Heaven...Only Christians so why all the fuss, if in the end you believe in Christ and seek forgiveness how you get there doesn't much matter does it??

 

:clap::banana::ylsuper::cool::notworthy:

 

This is my feelings too.

Basically, a person's mother is the one who A) carries them in her womb or B) provides half of the genetic makeup of the person. Mary did both.

 

Now, you can return the Nestorian idea that Mary only held Jesus's human nature in her womb. If that is the case, do any of our mothers have our souls in their womb? If Mary only held Jesus's human parts, not his spiritual nature (note: divine), then our own mothers would only hold our human parts. When do we get a soul?

 

Anyways, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and even Nestorious (and later the Nestorian Church) have coincided and believed that Mary is the mother of God.

 

Larry, I have another question. You claim that Mary is not the mother of God because she did not have the Holy Spirit or God the Father in her womb. Jesus the Son was not the tongues of flames- the Holy Spirit was. Does that make Jesus not God?

 

Lastly, your last sentence about Mary is exactly how we feel about her as well. The most Blessed of all Women.

 

On the bolded, have no clue who Nestor is but if that is true, how would he recognize JOhn the baptist when they were both still in the womb?

As has been stated so many times previously, there is a difference in the Catholic Bible, and the number of versions of non-Catholic Bibles. As well, there are other reasons that I would not attend a Study group at Southeast Christian, but the core one is that it is NOT a Catholic study group.
Your forgetting the #1 reason. SE Christian is SCARY. :scared:
Your forgetting the #1 reason. SE Christian is SCARY. :scared:

 

 

I was going for no specifics. :lol:

Hound, I see your point, but if I can show someone maybe a different way or something that convinces them what the scripture teaches we are called to do just that.

 

Example: I have never understood the Virgin Mary role in the Church. And I don't want to go there for the sake of the thread, but my bible shows a different side of her role.

 

Oh, I agree. I share my faith with anyone willing to listen but I do not have to attend their church service to do that.

I agree 100% Houndog. I mentioned earlier I'd only go to their church if I was invited to speak or debate. I wouldn't go just to their service.

 

I have free time next week. :deadhorse:

Nevermind

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.