Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Catholics...

Featured Replies

Do Catholics worship the economic Massieh, El Presidente? :D

  • Replies 137
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother of God? Mother of Jesus in human form. God has no mother. The creator has a Mother? Is this a play on words? Jesus says to pray to him or the Father in heaven, but if you feel the desire to use Mary thats your belief. I'm only questioning it, not calling anyone a sinner. I do not judge, I simply point out scripture. I have plenty. Ask and you shall recieve.

Mother of God? Mother of Jesus in human form. God has no mother. The creator has a Mother? Is this a play on words? Jesus says to pray to him or the Father in heaven, but if you feel the desire to use Mary thats your belief. I'm only questioning it, not calling anyone a sinner. I do not judge, I simply point out scripture. I have plenty. Ask and you shall recieve.

Human Jesus? Is Jesus not God?

How can you separate the human Jesus from the divine Jesus???

Mother of God? Mother of Jesus in human form. God has no mother. The creator has a Mother? Is this a play on words? Jesus says to pray to him or the Father in heaven, but if you feel the desire to use Mary thats your belief. I'm only questioning it, not calling anyone a sinner. I do not judge, I simply point out scripture. I have plenty. Ask and you shall recieve.

 

Jesus IS God. The Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost.

Mother of God? Mother of Jesus in human form. God has no mother. The creator has a Mother? Is this a play on words? Jesus says to pray to him or the Father in heaven, but if you feel the desire to use Mary thats your belief. I'm only questioning it, not calling anyone a sinner. I do not judge, I simply point out scripture. I have plenty. Ask and you shall recieve.

 

 

Have you ever asked your preacher to pray for you? Have you ever asked anyone to pray for you?

Mother of God? Mother of Jesus in human form. God has no mother. The creator has a Mother? Is this a play on words? Jesus says to pray to him or the Father in heaven, but if you feel the desire to use Mary thats your belief. I'm only questioning it, not calling anyone a sinner. I do not judge, I simply point out scripture. I have plenty. Ask and you shall recieve.

 

Right :ohbrother:

Yes of course Jesus tells to pray for each other.^^^Jesus was born of Mary, but doesn't the prayer say "Mother of God"? Again I don't get it....The Trinty God in three persons, is she the Mother of the Holy Spirit also.

 

God was in the beginning, he was alone. How can the Created be the Mother of the Creator? God is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, he had no begiining and will have no end, he is eternal, he was not born. Jesus was born. Jesus prayed to the Father in heaven. Several times. "Father forgive them".

 

Jesus called Mary "woman" the only time Mother was used was in John 19:26 when you told John "behold thy Mother".

 

Matthew 12 48:50..."thy Mother and thy Brethren (Jesus's brothers born to Mary) are outside wishing to speak to thee....He replied "Who is my Mother? And who are my Brethren?

 

Pointing to his disciples..."here is my Mother and my Brothers, for whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, sister amd my Mother.

 

Jesus is called the"Firstborn" First means just that, there were others, God called Jesus his only begotton Son.

 

Mary was important and highly Blessed, she had a very huge role and carried out this role. To be picked among all the woman in this place and time means so much to me when I think of her. A very special person.

Yes of course Jesus tells to pray for each other.^^^Jesus was born of Mary, but doesn't the prayer say "Mother of God"? Again I don't get it....The Trinty God in three persons, is she the Mother of the Holy Spirit also.

 

God was in the beginning, he was alone. How can the Created be the Mother of the Creator? God is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, he had no begiining and will have no end, he is eternal, he was not born. Jesus was born. Jesus prayed to the Father in heaven. Several times. "Father forgive them".

 

Jesus called Mary "woman" the only time Mother was used was in John 19:26 when you told John "behold thy Mother".

 

Matthew 12 48:50..."thy Mother and thy Brethren (Jesus's brothers born to Mary) are outside wishing to speak to thee....He replied "Who is my Mother? And who are my Brethren?

 

Pointing to his disciples..."here is my Mother and my Brothers, for whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, sister amd my Mother.

 

Jesus is called the"Firstborn" First means just that, there were others, God called Jesus his only begotton Son.

 

Mary was important and highly Blessed, she had a very huge role and carried out this role. To be picked among all the woman in this place and time means so much to me when I think of her. A very special person.

 

Is Jesus not God? The answer is of course He is, and Jesus the Divine is Jesus the Man...

Basically, a person's mother is the one who A) carries them in her womb or B) provides half of the genetic makeup of the person. Mary did both.

 

Now, you can return the Nestorian idea that Mary only held Jesus's human nature in her womb. If that is the case, do any of our mothers have our souls in their womb? If Mary only held Jesus's human parts, not his spiritual nature (note: divine), then our own mothers would only hold our human parts. When do we get a soul?

 

Anyways, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and even Nestorious (and later the Nestorian Church) have coincided and believed that Mary is the mother of God.

 

Larry, I have another question. You claim that Mary is not the mother of God because she did not have the Holy Spirit or God the Father in her womb. Jesus the Son was not the tongues of flames- the Holy Spirit was. Does that make Jesus not God?

 

Lastly, your last sentence about Mary is exactly how we feel about her as well. The most Blessed of all Women.

Yes of course Jesus tells to pray for each other.^^^Jesus was born of Mary, but doesn't the prayer say "Mother of God"? Again I don't get it....The Trinty God in three persons, is she the Mother of the Holy Spirit also.

 

God was in the beginning, he was alone. How can the Created be the Mother of the Creator? God is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, he had no begiining and will have no end, he is eternal, he was not born. Jesus was born. Jesus prayed to the Father in heaven. Several times. "Father forgive them".

 

Jesus called Mary "woman" the only time Mother was used was in John 19:26 when you told John "behold thy Mother".

 

Matthew 12 48:50..."thy Mother and thy Brethren (Jesus's brothers born to Mary) are outside wishing to speak to thee....He replied "Who is my Mother? And who are my Brethren?

 

Pointing to his disciples..."here is my Mother and my Brothers, for whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, sister amd my Mother.

 

Jesus is called the"Firstborn" First means just that, there were others, God called Jesus his only begotton Son.

 

Mary was important and highly Blessed, she had a very huge role and carried out this role. To be picked among all the woman in this place and time means so much to me when I think of her. A very special person.

 

Jesus is God, Mary is the mother of Jesus therefore Mary is the mother of God. Seems pretty simple and logical to me. And since you asked the Trinity is three persons in one being a so since the Holy Spirit is also God then yes Mary is the mother of the Holy Spirit.

I just got on here and all day I was worried that I might get blasted about my think so's on Mary. I was not "blasted" and I'm glad we can discuss subjects and show class in doing so.

 

I've made my points and there is no reason to repeat myself, and those have posted have made their points too. I agree Jesus is part of the Godhead, and his mother is Mary, but God that is in the Old Testament wasn't born to anyone. Did Jesus pray to himself?

Is God of the Old Testament different then God of the New Testament?

 

If God is truly all powerful then why would He be confined to the relationships of man?

 

If God can be his own Father the why couldn't He select a perfect woman to be his Mother?

 

How can we as men even act like we can understand the true nature of God, much less know his lineage?

1) No, but you made my point.

 

 

2) God is never/ever confined...he is God.

 

 

3) I agreed in the choice of Mary as the mother of Jesus.

 

 

4) Isaiah 55

So then if Jesus is God the Mary is the Moter of God?

Alltell, you highlighted where I said "I do not judge". Show me a judgemental comment. I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm judging anyone. I've been told I'm going to hell because I belong to a Baptist Church.....on the radio. I have the audio saved. Thats judging in my book. I have not even come close to any sort. Are you judging me with your highlighted post?

 

How do you judge someone when you ask questions? And I have several questions you or anyone hasn't even touched.

 

Your last question has been answered. Look the word up of God=creator=not being born....Jesus being born of a woman=a woman that he refers to as just that woman...not Mother.

 

I'll give you some credit you are still asking questions where as some have decided to....well I'm not sure where they are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.