Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best college dunkers

Featured Replies

I've never seen anyone get off the floor like Mel. His most famous dunk is the one to beat Duke in the final seconds of the Alaskan Shootout...

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dirk could really get up.

 

 

That was an awesome dunk.

Vince Carter / UNC

 

James White / UC

 

Isma'il Muhammad / G Tech

 

Hassan Adams / Arizona

"SEND IT IN JEROME!!" XU coach Sean Miller was on the floor at the time for Pitt.

You got it!

 

I think that was early in Bill Raftery's career.

James White & Melvin Levitt, both from Cincinnati, are two of the best dunkers I've seen.

 

Vince Carter is an animal, but I don't remember many of his dunks at Carolina. I'm sure he had a ton, though. He's one of the best dunkers in the NBA.

 

I like the way Blake Griffin dunks. It's not as flashy because he's a big guy, but he throws them down with authority.

The guy from Virgina Tech who graduated last year had some nasty dunks. Long hair, #13....his name escapes me right now.

 

And there was a guy from Maryland last year, Gilchrist (?) who had some awesome dunks last year.

 

Washington I think.

My overall favorites would have been Dr. Dunkentien and Clyde the Glide.

 

My favorite dunks in the NCAA were:

 

2. Spud Webb on a breakaway with Kenny Smith waiting for the block. Smith was more embarassed on that throwdown than his tongue has ever done for him as a commentator.

 

1. A guy not known for his dunking prowess, Marquess Johnson of UCLA. (sp?) Someone shot a brick when Johnson was posting with his back towards the basket. Johnson does not turn around, just jumps off of two feet, and grabs the rebound to throw it down with both hands while still in the air.

  • Author

Probably would add Andre Iguodala to a longer list

Currently, Derrick Brown for XU is athletic as anyone and should be in the conversation IMO.

Vince Carter / UNC

 

James White / UC

 

Isma'il Muhammad / G Tech

Hassan Adams / Arizona

 

I was trying to think of him. He would have like 8 points and all would be dunks.

  • Author
I was trying to think of him. He would have like 8 points and all would be dunks.
Absolutely right

David Thompson

Kenny "Sky" Walker

Dominique Wilkins

Len Bias

Rex Chapman

 

I have listed a few but I have to say that I am old school in one way in that "when the dunk counts 3 points, I will put emphasis on it, just put the ball in the basket". :D

I do like the fg % of a dunk though.:thumb:

That was an awesome dunk.

 

2nd floor - school supplies, pencils, "posters"!

Darvin Hamm from Texas Tech brought down a few backboards in his day! The best one I saw was Rudy Gay, that 360 against Morehead was absolutely nasty! Rashaad McCants could throw it down pretty well too.

 

I thought Azubuike was a pretty decent dunker during his time at UK and Antoine Barbour could throw down as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.