Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best college dunkers

Featured Replies

For some reason, Rasul Salahuddin from Long Beach mid 90's stands out. LBSt was on Big Monday a bunch during that time span, and he was a very good defender and dunker.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Thompson was awesome and arguably the best leaper in College Basketball history. However he didn't dunk in College because it was illegal during his career. The Dunk was outlawed in '67 (Alcindor rule) and not re-instated until '77.

Great point!

 

I remember those alley-oop passes from Monte Towe that David Thompson would jump to the top of the glass on and then graciously drop them in so as not to violate the rules against dunking.

 

I don't recall seeing Bill Walton dunking in college either. Same era.

Many of the great ones have been mentioned, but I'll add a couple.

 

Jerome Lane of the Pitt Panthers who is known for the shattered backboard dunk.

 

Also, Michael "Wild Thing" Wilson of Memphis State who still claims the highest dunk ever on a 12 foot goal while touring with the Harlem Globetrotters.

Dirk could really get up.

 

 

How have I never seen THAT before?!?! Outstanding!

Many of the great ones have been mentioned, but I'll add a couple.

 

Jerome Lane of the Pitt Panthers who is known for the shattered backboard dunk.

 

Also, Michael "Wild Thing" Wilson of Memphis State who still claims the highest dunk ever on a 12 foot goal while touring with the Harlem Globetrotters.

 

"SEND IT IN JEROME!!" XU coach Sean Miller was on the floor at the time for Pitt.

Alvin Simms-Uof L

How have I never seen THAT before?!?! Outstanding!

I watch it a few times a month... :D

Len Bias , Rex Chapman.

Alvin Simms-Uof L

 

The boy just has raw power. I think the rims in the ols Bracken gym are still bent from him.

I watch it a few times a month... :D

 

I forgot about that one. Jeez-Loweez! :eek:

James White & Melvin Levitt, both from Cincinnati, are two of the best dunkers I've seen.

 

Vince Carter is an animal, but I don't remember many of his dunks at Carolina. I'm sure he had a ton, though. He's one of the best dunkers in the NBA.

 

I like the way Blake Griffin dunks. It's not as flashy because he's a big guy, but he throws them down with authority.

 

The guy from Virgina Tech who graduated last year had some nasty dunks. Long hair, #13....his name escapes me right now.

 

And there was a guy from Maryland last year, Gilchrist (?) who had some awesome dunks last year.

Melvin Levitt's best play was when he blocked a shot with both hands and caught it. That was awesome, and I don't think I've ever seen it done since.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.