Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Knight

Featured Replies

I have never been a huge fan of his (mainly because he coach IU), but I want to say how impressed I am with his commentating on TV. I thoroughly enjoy listening to him do a game and he and Musberger seem to have a great rapor with each other. Listening to them along with Kline do the UT vs OU womens game was awesome. Anyone who watched that game improved their basketball IQ.

 

Is he resurrecting his persona being a TV commentator?

Everyone will still remember him for his hot head and chair throwing.

I also remember 3 national championships.....a crazy high graduation rate...and 902 wins........he's a living legend and the basketball is better because he was involved with it.

He is a PR nightmare. End quite frankly, hasn't been real effective over the last decade.

Everyone will still remember him for his hot head and chair throwing.

 

 

Arguably the best coach ever who has never, ever been accused of cheating.

 

 

My son could play AND GRADUATE for him any day, it would be an honor for my entire family.

I have never been a huge fan of his (mainly because he coach IU), but I want to say how impressed I am with his commentating on TV. I thoroughly enjoy listening to him do a game and he and Musberger seem to have a great rapor with each other. Listening to them along with Kline do the UT vs OU womens game was awesome. Anyone who watched that game improved their basketball IQ.

 

Is he resurrecting his persona being a TV commentator?

 

I watched quite a bit of it, and while they dwelled on details, it was extremely informative. More emphasis on the finer points of defense than you will get anywhere else.

I'm not a big fan of the guy despite all of the positives but I do enjoy listening to him talk b-ball.

I also remember 3 national championships.....a crazy high graduation rate...and 902 wins........he's a living legend and the basketball is better because he was involved with it.

 

:thumb: This guy would be succesful anywhere he went and would have an immediate effect, he's simply one of the greatest coaches of all time. I just LOVE his style:thumb:

I also remember 3 national championships.....a crazy high graduation rate...and 902 wins........he's a living legend and the basketball is better because he was involved with it.

 

greatest coach of all time if you ask me. Who in the heck gives a crap about 1.)Pat Summit, or 2.) Women's basketball in general (if you don't have a girlfriend/wife/daughter, playing for them. Why would we even put them in the same category when basketball is a man's game? Just like every other contact game for that matter.

greatest coach of all time if you ask me. Who in the heck gives a crap about 1.)Pat Summit, or 2.) Women's basketball in general (if you don't have a girlfriend/wife/daughter, playing for them. Why would we even put them in the same category when basketball is a man's game? Just like every other contact game for that matter.

Because if you win 1000 games of cornhole, then your doing something special. I went venture to say she could suceed at a MENS mid-major level

greatest coach of all time if you ask me. Who in the heck gives a crap about 1.)Pat Summit, or 2.) Women's basketball in general (if you don't have a girlfriend/wife/daughter, playing for them. Why would we even put them in the same category when basketball is a man's game? Just like every other contact game for that matter.

 

:eek: :ohbrother::ohbrother:

 

Is he resurrecting his persona being a TV commentator?

For all of Knight's antics, he has always been incredibly camera savy and, imo, loves being in front of a camera and the attention. I am not saying that is a bad thing.

 

The problem with Knight now, coaching wise, is that he can still coach with the best of them, but he has no desire to put in the time and effort to recruit how you have to recruit in today's game to be mega-successful.

I also remember 3 national championships.....a crazy high graduation rate...and 902 wins........he's a living legend and the basketball is better because he was involved with it.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
greatest coach of all time if you ask me. Who in the heck gives a crap about 1.)Pat Summit, or 2.) Women's basketball in general (if you don't have a girlfriend/wife/daughter, playing for them. Why would we even put them in the same category when basketball is a man's game? Just like every other contact game for that matter.

 

 

That is terrible. Summit can coach and she would make a good mens coach as well. She is intense, demands respect, and has a great knowlege of the game. But this isn't about her!!

 

Bobby Knight = Al McGuire

The General is on of the VERY best. He would have to be on the Mt. Rushmore of College basketball coaches.

 

We all are better off as college basketball fans since Coach Knight is working for ESPN!

 

I would want my sons to play for him any day! His knowledge of the game is un-parralled!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.