February 3, 200917 yr I also remember 3 national championships.....a crazy high graduation rate...and 902 wins........he's a living legend and the basketball is better because he was involved with it. All true. And he was good for the entertainment value as well!
February 3, 200917 yr greatest coach of all time if you ask me. Who in the heck gives a crap about 1.)Pat Summit, or 2.) Women's basketball in general (if you don't have a girlfriend/wife/daughter, playing for them. Why would we even put them in the same category when basketball is a man's game? Just like every other contact game for that matter. :ohbrother: :puke: You have to put The General in the elite coaches list of all time along with Summit. She wins championships, ... more than anyone. She wins games, ... more than anyone at the collegiate level and very few have more wins than here at the PRO level where they play a ton more games. Step on the floor with any of her teams and see how you measure up in this 'mans game'.
February 3, 200917 yr I watch games that Knight is commentating on when I can simply because I desire to expand my basketball knowledge. He knows more basketball in one finger than most of those commentators know in their entire body....
February 3, 200917 yr Bobby Knight is one of the best coaches ever (not quite a John Wooden). He expects his players to produce on and off the court. He has the knowledge and passion to be successful anywhere.
February 3, 200917 yr :ohbrother: :puke: You have to put The General in the elite coaches list of all time along with Summit. She wins championships, ... more than anyone. She wins games, ... more than anyone at the collegiate level and very few have more wins than here at the PRO level where they play a ton more games. Step on the floor with any of her teams and see how you measure up in this 'mans game'. She obviously knows how to coach. However, logic tells you that no coach outside of Wooden in the 60s can be as successful as she has been on the men's side. The talent is less concentrated on the men's side than it is on the women's. If you're star female player you pick either UT, OU, UConn. If you're really "open" you then add LSU, Duke, and UNC. That seems to be it. That doesn't happen in the men's game plus there are more talented players on the men's side than the ladies. Apples and oranges trying to use # of wins as a way to compare Pat and men.
February 3, 200917 yr Bobby Knight is Basketball. Sure, if you consider choking a part of basketball.
February 3, 200917 yr I have really enjoyed Knight's analysis this season. He knows the game inside and out, and how to break it down to the average fan. I sometimes get the impression, though, that the others in the booth with him are a little intimidated by him. I mean, just the look on their faces if they think they've cut him off or interrupted him when he is talking. Digger especially. It's like he's thinking, "Oh, my bad General. I talked when I should have been listening. What was I thinking!"
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.