Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best high school coaching jobs?

Featured Replies

In the 9th I would say CovCath, they are down right now but always have good talent. Holmes is what most are going to say, but Henley puts up with a lot of problems down there. That is just one of the reasons he is such a good coach.

 

I am going to disagree on CovCath. I have been shocked at the drop in support and the whining this year by their fans. Fair weather fans and whiners are big negatives in judging a coaching job. The fact that fans have whined and second guessed a coach with Listerman's track record tells me I would think twice before wanting that job.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to disagree on CovCath. I have been shocked at the drop in support and the whining this year by their fans. Fair weather fans and whiners are big negatives in judging a coaching job. The fact that fans have whined and second guessed a coach with Listerman's track record tells me I would think twice before wanting that job.

 

That comes with every good program in the state. The expectation are too high to go through a down year. If you don't think CovCath is one of the most wanted jobs in the Region then where do you think that might be?

That comes with every good program in the state. The expectation are too high to go through a down year. If you don't think CovCath is one of the most wanted jobs in the Region then where do you think that might be?

 

Oh, I am sure almost every coach would be interested in CovCath and Holmes because you know you will have the talent to win. And you are right, in a down year there will be whiners in almost every program. I just am surprised there has been so much second guessing of Listerman with his record over the years. How about NewCath as a job? Great tradition, good talent, good support....

Scott Co., Mason Co, Corbin, S. Laurel, Shelby Co. would be attractive based on the following criteria:

Ability to compete at a high level, Good Tradition, Good places to live, I would guess that the coaching pay is good at these spots.

 

I've also always thought that Henderson County had the potential to be a powerhouse.

Scott County, you always have Toyota in the back yard.

 

Yeah, beause all the players parents work there. I'm sorry man but you have no idea about what your talking about.

Mason Co, the material is always good but those fans are very hard to please.

 

 

Augusta. Win 12-14 games, beat Bracken, and make the occasional trip to regionals. Have they built a statue of Coach Kelsch yet?:D

Scott County, you always have Toyota in the back yard.

 

Yeah, beause all the players parents work there. I'm sorry man but you have no idea about what your talking about.

I know that you took offense to this post DSC, but you have no idea how true it is. And I don't mean that as a slam at all. Ashland for instance when Ashland Oil Inc. was still in town and when Armco was booming, the jobs were there and the industry was supplying parents with jobs and those parents were supplying schools with kids, plain and simple. I hope for Scott Co.'s sake that the Toyota plant remains a wonderful industry in the community for decades, but in the event they relocate, you'll see first hand how much your school does prosper from them in your backyard.

 

And for that reason alone, I wouldn't want the job at Ashland.

I know that you took offense to this post DSC, but you have no idea how true it is. And I don't mean that as a slam at all. Ashland for instance when Ashland Oil Inc. was still in town and when Armco was booming, the jobs were there and the industry was supplying parents with jobs and those parents were supplying schools with kids, plain and simple. I hope for Scott Co.'s sake that the Toyota plant remains a wonderful industry in the community for decades, but in the event they relocate, you'll see first hand how much your school does prosper from them in your backyard.

 

And for that reason alone, I wouldn't want the job at Ashland.

And, isn't Scott County the fastest growing county in the state. That is very good for schools, or school as it may be.

I was once told by a 9th region coach who many consider to be the best ever that the only job he would have left Highlands for was the Holmes job. He said you would never be a loss for talent.

I was once told by a 9th region coach who many consider to be the best ever that the only job he would have left Highlands for was the Holmes job. He said you would never be a loss for talent.

 

He also had strong ties to Covington:thumb:

15th Region

 

Shelby Valley- strong run of talent for last 15 years and great facilities.

 

Paintsville- Great history, great community and normally good players

 

Pikeville- A lot of money and support goes through this independent system

I want to add Shelby Co. to my earlier post.

 

Tilghman first, Henderson 2nd, Owensboro 3rd, and Shelby Co in the 8th as well as South Laurel.

 

Jobs that have talent year in and year out and you can get to the state tournament.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Ashland and Trinity are 2 jobs I would love to have.

Ashland and Trinity are 2 jobs I would love to have.

 

Why Ashland and I agree ,Trinity does have some talent with a super group of frosh.

Sorry Oldrambler, but I have to disagree with Ashland being the best job. Sure it has a lot of tradtion, more that just about anywhere. But, the talent pool is every shrinking and I really don't think the support for the coach is there. Coach Biggs is probably going to be run off, and their were little rumblings the last few years that Coach Flynn was there. Coach Flynn was the best coach that was in the 16th region in his era, bar none. I think Ashland is no more than taking the job at Notre Dame in football. Sure it has alot of prestige, but it ain't the job it used to be. I think right now taking the job at Ashland, Greenup, or Boyd is just starting the countdown until you are fired or run off. They should be the top 3, if only just on prestige and size, but for a coach, they could find better.

 

For the 16th I would say it is probably more of the small schools, like Fairview or Raceland. They seem to have a little more loyalty and thankfulness. And really as Elliott has proved, I think small schools in the 16th can be just as successful as the big boys.

 

 

I agree with Oldrambler's thinking on the best jobs, and I completely disagree that Biggs is in any trouble, or that he is anywhere near getting 'run off'.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.