Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best high school coaching jobs?

Featured Replies

I was once told by a 9th region coach who many consider to be the best ever that the only job he would have left Highlands for was the Holmes job. He said you would never be a loss for talent.

 

I would have loved to see him coach at Holmes. They would have averaged 80 points a game.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to see him coach at Holmes. They would have averaged 80 points a game.

 

A. I'm pretty sure they (Holmes) averaged in the 80's anyway in 1980, when he was still at Highlands;

 

B. That was a different era. Starting to sound like my Dad, I know, but as bad as the problems in the 70's and 80's may have appeared to those outside Covington, I don't think they were anything like what Henley has had to deal with.

 

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Highlands job. Sure there is pressure, just like with the football program (well maybe that's a stretch), but it's hard to beat the parental support you get in Ft. Thomas.

A. I'm pretty sure they (Holmes) averaged in the 80's anyway in 1980, when he was still at Highlands;

 

B. That was a different era. Starting to sound like my Dad, I know, but as bad as the problems in the 70's and 80's may have appeared to those outside Covington, I don't think they were anything like what Henley has had to deal with.

 

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Highlands job. Sure there is pressure, just like with the football program (well maybe that's a stretch), but it's hard to beat the parental support you get in Ft. Thomas.

 

I'm sure there is plenty of parental problems at Highlands as there is at NCC, CovCath, Holmes, St. Henry, and all the other schools. But at Highlands you do have great talent for most of the years, but your second fiddle to football and you are working with possibly one of the worst facilities in the NKY.

I would pick Augusta but I would pick it for more than just the beating Bracken thing. I think it is the atmosphere and getting the chance to coach in the old gym, the feel of the floor under your feet and the smell of popcorn takes you back to another time. I enjoy getting the chance to go and watch a Hoosier style game.

 

 

Kelsch's statue is a secret, no one is supposed to know:sssh::D

 

All of those reasons about the gym are great too. Few places in the state match the atmosphere.

 

Your secret's safe with me. :sssh:

That is exactly what I am talking about. When a business employees so many people from around the state, you are going to get the kids to go to school there. Thanks for proving my point.

 

Oh well I was practicing a little sarcasm.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.