Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ex Cawood Coach John Luttrell

Featured Replies

What all does Estill have returning from last year's successful team?

 

Lost 11 seniors, ten starters on O, and 8 on D.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost 11 seniors, ten starters on O, and 8 on D.

 

Coach Luttrell may have his hands full...

Coach Luttrell may have his hands full...

 

Maybe not!!!!

Heard that Coach Luttrell turned Estill down. Can anyone confirm this?

I know some of the Estill folks really close to the situation, and yes, I would basically confirm this. I believe it happened the night before a press conference was going to happen to announce him as the new coach. I don't know the guy. He seems well liked on here, but what is the deal with this???

I know some of the Estill folks really close to the situation, and yes, I would basically confirm this. I believe it happened the night before a press conference was going to happen to announce him as the new coach. I don't know the guy. He seems well liked on here, but what is the deal with this???

 

So who are they going with next?

John is a great person and good coach. I think he is in a situation were he does not have to get a job, IMO that is the best way to get a Great job. If everything is not exactly what he is looking for he does not have to take it.

 

Something must have fell through in order for John to back out.

He is very logical in his thinking, so I would guess that some things were not what they seemed during the initial walkthrough for the job. He may have felt this was not the job to get back into coaching with.

 

'Course, there may be another job in the mountains or something we're not aware of, too.

The TOASTER!!! During his last year the coaching staff tinkered with letting him run the ball in short yardage situations, hince the toaster was born.

 

Tinker is funny because if they would of done more than tinker Harlan might of went somewhere but in my opinion it must of been enough to just be rated !st in the state but not make the playoffs if a county kid had to run them to victory. I wasn't the coach but this is what it looked like from an outsider. :ylsuper:

So who are they going with next?

 

I asked the same question, and really just got a shoulder shrug. They must have pretty much figured this guy to be a lock and it didn't work out. Sorry to hear about the whole situation for the entire program.

Bryan Barrett was probably the county's all-time best kicker and a pretty good baseball player.

 

As for other sports:

Greg Coldiron was an all-state basketball player and could have been a baseball prospect if he had stuck with it.

 

Phil Cox won a few awards, too.

 

Lonnie Huff, Tony Morales, Russel Alred, Dondi Noah, Tim Shack..just to name a few more.

Lonnie Huff, Tony Morales, Russel Alred, Dondi Noah, Tim Shack..just to name a few more.

 

Tim Shack was very, very tough!

Folks, I owe an answer to you. First of all, it is not a done deal. There are some issues that the Administration and I have to work out in order for me to take the job. Leonidas is right, I am in a good situation and can make sure it is the right place for me. It is not salary, which most people think of first. It has to do with other aspects of a quality program. The good thing is Estill has a great principal in Blaine Click and it would not surprise me if we worked things out.

Good deal. If the powers that be at Estill know what is best they will work to get and keep Coach John Luttrell happy.

Glad to hear a more positive spin on the situation. Good luck to Estill county in their future endeavors.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.