Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ex Cawood Coach John Luttrell

Featured Replies

Lonnie Huff, Tony Morales, Russel Alred, Dondi Noah, Tim Shack..just to name a few more.

 

Loyall has produced some good talent, that's for sure.

 

How about Dondi Noah? Could he play?

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loyall has produced some good talent, that's for sure.

 

How about Dondi Noah? Could he play?

 

Tony Morales was probably the best athlete from his bunch. Tim Shack was one of the best to play at Cawood. D-1 talent in anybody's book!

Loyall has produced some good talent, that's for sure.

 

How about Dondi Noah? Could he play?

 

Noah's bunch was the group that didn't lose a football game in 5th through 9th grade. Didn't lose to many basketball games either so most of them could play. Kind of underachieved in highschool somewhat, maybe because expectations were so high. However, I am thinking as someone stated on here previously that he was in the bunch that had 15 or so sign to play football off the same team. I could be wrong. :thumb:

OK fellas. The aformentioned players were good. But, the best Trojan offense IMO: QB - Doug Collins; FB - Rex Parsons; RB's - David Hensley, Tommy Hensley, Jake Napier, Adam Blanton; Ends - Tim Miniard & Stan Blanton; Line - Deanio Carmical, Bill Cole, Mike Burke, DD Brock. Center - Mike Pennington; K - Brian Barrett; P - Garry Henson.

 

I'll ponder on the best Defense........ :popcorn:

OK fellas. The aformentioned players were good. But, the best Trojan offense IMO: QB - Doug Collins; FB - Rex Parsons; RB's - David Hensley, Tommy Hensley, Jake Napier, Adam Blanton; Ends - Tim Miniard & Stan Blanton; Line - Deanio Carmical, Bill Cole, Mike Burke, DD Brock. Center - Mike Pennington; K - Brian Barrett; P - Garry Henson.

 

I'll ponder on the best Defense........ :popcorn:

 

I'm sorry but I think that Jake Napier, while a good player, was not as good as Hiram Fields who played out there for Coach Luttrell in the mid-late 90's.

 

It was also before my time but didn't Tim Saylor play QB for Cawood as well? If so, he definetely has to make the list of best Cawood QB's.

Edited by John McClain
Spelling Error

OK fellas. The aformentioned players were good. But, the best Trojan offense IMO: QB - Doug Collins; FB - Rex Parsons; RB's - David Hensley, Tommy Hensley, Jake Napier, Adam Blanton; Ends - Tim Miniard & Stan Blanton; Line - Deanio Carmical, Bill Cole, Mike Burke, DD Brock. Center - Mike Pennington; K - Brian Barrett; P - Garry Henson.

 

I'll ponder on the best Defense........ :popcorn:

 

 

 

Someone asked about Loyall. We were just talking about former Indians.

 

As far as the list, there was football at Cawood before the 1980s. Frank McDaniels, Tim Saylor, Gary Grant and Rick Fox signed Division I scholarships.

I thought this was a thread about Coach Luttrell ? :idunno:

I knew my post would open up a lot of other players names. And of course there were great teams and players before and after the 80's. I'm sure HDE could compile a great list. Although hard to argue the accomplishments and records of the guys I mentioned, I knew them all well. (Maybe they are an all 80's team:D) ..........You are right jvdfc this thread should be about coach Luttrell. I hope things work out for him.

I had lists for Cawood, Cumberland and Evarts in the graduation section last May.

The best I can tell everyone is that the issue should be resolved by the weekend, regardless. I know my wife feels as if I have a calling to work with young men and coach. However, I want to make sure this decision is what God is leading me to do. I love Harlan County as well, and there are lots of things needing done there. Please keep my family and I in your prayers as we make this decision.

It sounded last fall like you were going to be working with young men in Harlan County.

That was a possibility. However, there is a bigger push for me in the political arena in Harlan. Honestly, EC is really a perfect fit for me coaching wise. If a few things that I feel are totally reasonable can be worked out, I think we have a match.

I'm really interested in hearing an update on this. I thought it was a done deal. (Twice) lol

Done, official, it will be announced at halftime of the double header basketball game in Estill County tonight. I want to thank everyone for there prayers and support. Looks like I am an Engineer! Let's get started.

Done, official, it will be announced at halftime of the double header basketball game in Estill County tonight. I want to thank everyone for there prayers and support. Looks like I am an Engineer! Let's get started.

 

Congrats Coach. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.