Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Big East Overrated?

Is the Big East Overrated? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the Big East Overrated?

    • Yes
      30%
      30
    • No
      69%
      69

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Since it's typically UK fans asking this question, ask yourself this. How would you feel about this 9 game stretch dotting the middle of your schedule?

 

@Georgetown

Notre Dame

@Pittsburgh

Louisville

@Providence

West Virginia

@Villanova

@Connecticut

Georgetown

Villanova

 

Personally, if I were coaching said team, I would need to change my drawers several times daily.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eight teams in the Top 25 pretty much sums it up, IMO.

Eight teams in the Top 25 pretty much sums it up, IMO.

 

Rankings in January mean Jack Dookie.

Eight teams in the Top 25 pretty much sums it up, IMO.

 

I am not disputing the fact the BEast is a fantastic conference, but it is overrated in every sense of the word. The BEast has some very very good teams, but I do not foresee more then one team from the conference making the final four, nor do I see anyone from the BEast winning the National Title. To me, that is overrated.

I am not disputing the fact the BEast is a fantastic conference, but it is overrated in every sense of the word. The BEast has some very very good teams, but I do not foresee more then one team from the conference making the final four, nor do I see anyone from the BEast winning the National Title. To me, that is overrated.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

So by that logic, every conference except one will be over-rated at the end of the year, correct?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

So by that logic, every conference except one will be over-rated at the end of the year, correct?

 

 

I think you totally missed the point.

I don't think that the Big East is overrated.

RPI is a big factor in juding teams/conferences. Let's look at how many each have in the top fifty:

 

Big East

2. Pitt

6. G-town

7. Uconn

12. UofL

16. Cuse

18. Marq.

27. WVU

32. Nova

 

8 total - 6 top 20

 

ACC

1.Duke

8. UNC

10. Clemson

11. Wake

20. FSU

31. Miami

50. Va Tech

 

7 total - 5 top 20

 

SEC

25. Florida

28. Tenn.

 

2 total (no top 20)

 

Big 12-7 (1 top 20)

Big Ten-6 (2 top 20)

Pac 10-5 (1 top)

 

Looks like it's not to me.

RPI is a big factor in juding teams/conferences. Let's look at how many each have in the top fifty:

 

Big East

2. Pitt

6. G-town

7. Uconn

12. UofL

16. Cuse

18. Marq.

27. WVU

32. Nova

 

8 total (50%) - 6 top 20 (37.5%)

 

ACC

1.Duke

8. UNC

10. Clemson

11. Wake

20. FSU

31. Miami

50. Va Tech

 

7 total (58%) - 5 top 20 (41.7%)

 

Added percentages for comparison.

Another one??? :lol:

 

I think someone has been saying that on here for a while. :D

 

The BE is either the best or 2nd best conference depending on what you're looking for. The top 4 from the ACC IMO are better, but teams 5-9 or so in the BE are really good for being the 9th best team in a conference. Still the conference hasn't been great out of conference and isn't as great as the media hyped them in November. They will get their chance to prove how good they are in March.

Except for the fact that one conference in one sport has won 3 straight titles... while the other conference in the other sport hasn't. ;):p

 

In all fairness basketball plays it out on the court....football leaves it to debate.

Also, I will add somer homer-ism to this...I think the ACC is top dog now...maybe not when the season ends, but for now, I go with my favorite basketball conference.

Decourcy says the ACC is better and that the BE doesn't have an argument. GT ususally says what he says is what we should go w/.

Added percentages for comparison.

Which is exactly the point everyone is trying to make... :thumb:

I don't think the Big East is overrated. I think they are "LUCKY"!! :lol::lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.