Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Big East Overrated?

Is the Big East Overrated? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the Big East Overrated?

    • Yes
      30%
      30
    • No
      69%
      69

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was thinking about this earlier. I think the Big East is way overrated and over hyped. I just do not think there are half the nations best teams are in that conference. There are a few real contenders, as in Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, and MAYBE Notre Dame, but I think most of the teams are good, but should not be as hyped as they are.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it is easy for people (the media) to fall in love with the Big East due to the sheer number of teams. They have quite a few quality teams, but they also have more teams than any other conference.

 

It will be interesting to see how the Big East does in the NCAA tournament. It will be equally as interesting, if not more so, to see how the NCAA seeding committee will seed those teams.

Absolutely not...

Probably the best bottom to top conference in the nations this year IMO. Alot of good teams in this conference this year.

They are overrated. Trust me, I do not think the conference is bad, I think it is a great conference basketball-wise. But the Media slobbers over the Big East like it is the NBA's Eastern Conference.

No Way

Absolutely not...

 

No Way

 

I find it hard to believe that either of you really feel that way.....:lol:

Probably the best bottom to top conference in the nations this year IMO. Alot of good teams in this conference this year.

 

There's also alot of bad teams in this conference:

 

S. Florida,Depaul,St. Johns,Cincinnati,Rutgers,and Seton Hall.

I do feel that it is slightly overrated, but it's not their fault. It is a media darling, very similar to Duke and Carolina in the ACC.

I was thinking about this earlier. I think the Big East is way overrated and over hyped. I just do not think there are half the nations best teams are in that conference. There are a few real contenders, as in Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, and MAYBE Notre Dame, but I think most of the teams are good, but should not be as hyped as they are.

 

Notre Dame??? Why no mention of UofL? They've beat two of those teams.:confused:

 

You listed 4 teams, that 25% of the conference. I'd feel pretty good about being overrated if 25% of the conference was a "real contender" for a national championship.

I was thinking about this earlier. I think the Big East is way overrated and over hyped. I just do not think there are half the nations best teams are in that conference. There are a few real contenders, as in Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, and MAYBE Notre Dame, but I think most of the teams are good, but should not be as hyped as they are.

 

Are you seriously not considering Louisville a contender? Wow...

Are you seriously not considering Louisville a contender? Wow...

 

Its hard for some...

Its impossible for some...

 

 

I corrected your statement. :D

They're overrated like the Big12 was in football. They're a VERY good conference (top 1 or 2), but they've been hyped beyond belief.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.