Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Big East Overrated?

Is the Big East Overrated? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the Big East Overrated?

    • Yes
      30%
      30
    • No
      69%
      69

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Decourcy says the ACC is better and that the BE doesn't have an argument. GT ususally says what he says is what we should go w/.

 

Decourcey said that you get too many nights off at the bottom of the schedule in the BE as compared to the ACC.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decourcey said that you get too many nights off at the bottom of the schedule in the BE as compared to the ACC.

I'll gladly challenge him on this the next time I have him on my show. I'm guessing ND didn't walk out of St Johns thinking it was a night off...

It's much more like SEC football than Big 12 football...

 

:thumb:

 

I agree. The Big East is the best basketball conference without a doubt. Any talk of it being overrated is just an argument based on how much better than the rest you think they are. Nobody can argue that there is a better conference with a straight face...

 

Similarly, the SEC is almost always the best football conference. But, there are years when the gap isn't as wide and it's possible the conference gets a little too much credit. It doesn't change the fact that its still the best...just that the gap isn't as significant.

 

I don't see much point in debating how much better the Big East is than the rest...all I know is that it should be plainly obvious that it is better. You can't be rated any higher than #1, so how can it be overrated? If you think the media is excessive in its praise of the conference, that's another story to me.

I'll gladly challenge him on this the next time I have him on my show. I'm guessing ND didn't walk out of St Johns thinking it was a night off...
Rutgers and USF are absolutely AWFUL...and U of L plays them 3 X's.
:thumb:

 

I agree. The Big East is the best basketball conference without a doubt. Any talk of it being overrated is just an argument based on how much better than the rest you think they are. Nobody can argue that there is a better conference with a straight face...

 

Similarly, the SEC is almost always the best football conference. But, there are years when the gap isn't as wide and it's possible the conference gets a little too much credit. It doesn't change the fact that its still the best...just that the gap isn't as significant.

 

I don't see much point in debating how much better the Big East is than the rest...all I know is that it should be plainly obvious that it is better. You can't be rated any higher than #1, so how can it be overrated? If you think the media is excessive in its praise of the conference, that's another story to me.

While I think the Big East is brilliant and as good as I've seen in awhile. Don't kid yourself, there can certainly be an argument that the ACC matches up. You could certainly argue, with validity, for either to be better.

I voted no but I guess it all depends on the context of the question. The Big East and the ACC are pretty much the consensus top 2 conferences and there are too many games remaining to decide the argument now. However, if you go back to the argument that the Big East this season is the best conference ever in college basketball history then, yes they might be overrated. That was an argument made by several people in the media as well as Big East fans. The argument can be made that it isn't even better now than it was in the mid-80's. After all, in 1985 they had 3 of the Final Four teams and 6 out of their 9 teams made the NCAA tourney. Best conference this season? Close, if not then 2nd best. Best conference all-time? Nope. Not even the best Big East Conference of all-time.

When I think of Big East basketball, I think a good theme song would be "Ecstacy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone. Basically, because it's so complicated, but at the same time rich with musical enjoyment.

I like how all these fans of SEC football are completely ready to dismiss the BEast in hoops ...

 

In all fairness, when the Big East brings home 3 national champs in a row, we'll discuss it.

I voted no but I guess it all depends on the context of the question. The Big East and the ACC are pretty much the consensus top 2 conferences and there are too many games remaining to decide the argument now. However, if you go back to the argument that the Big East this season is the best conference ever in college basketball history then, yes they might be overrated. That was an argument made by several people in the media as well as Big East fans. The argument can be made that it isn't even better now than it was in the mid-80's. After all, in 1985 they had 3 of the Final Four teams and 6 out of their 9 teams made the NCAA tourney. Best conference this season? Close, if not then 2nd best. Best conference all-time? Nope. Not even the best Big East Conference of all-time.

 

These are the points I've been making the whole entire time summed up nicely. I'm in no way saying the conference isn't really good. I'm just saying they did nothing out of conference to speak highly of and the ACC looks at least like a push compared against them. The overrated comment came from people being told in November that this was the best conference ever.

I'll gladly challenge him on this the next time I have him on my show. I'm guessing ND didn't walk out of St Johns thinking it was a night off...

 

UC did though :D, so maybe ND should figure out how to win on the road.

I think they're a super conference, but they are victims of everyone hyping them up a little too much early in the season.

In all fairness, when the Big East brings home 3 national champs in a row, we'll discuss it.

 

Point scored...

 

Nice.:notworthy:

While I think the Big East is brilliant and as good as I've seen in awhile. Don't kid yourself, there can certainly be an argument that the ACC matches up. You could certainly argue, with validity, for either to be better.

 

People argue that the second best conference in college football is as good or better than the SEC every year also...it doesn't make it so.

People argue that the second best conference in college football is as good or better than the SEC every year also...it doesn't make it so.

 

B/c of the success of the SEC in the bowls. We're still waiting for the BE to have big time success in March.

In all fairness, when the Big East brings home 3 national champs in a row, we'll discuss it.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.