Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Big East Overrated?

Is the Big East Overrated? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the Big East Overrated?

    • Yes
      30%
      30
    • No
      69%
      69

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Big East is very strong this year but the conference is ALWAYS overrated, IMO. The network announcers have always over hyped the conference because it operates in such a big media market. That said, I don't think that the Big East is over rated nearly as much this season as it usually is, in part because the SEC is really down this year.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Big East just has so many brand name teams they look good on paper. They are good and very dangerous but they gotta translate it over into March.

I think Syracuse will cut down the nets for all the marbles this season. So, I say no, I think that the Big East is the best basketball conference in the country this season. I think the conferences that end in -10 are overrated.

They aren't head and shoulders above all the other conferences like many thought at the beginning of the year. Does that make them overrated? Your call.

 

UCONN - Legit title contender

Syracuse - Looks very good, could make a run. Flynn = DYNAMITE

Pitt - Jury is still out IMO. Absolutely a threat, but they were ranked #1 by default with only one good win so far on the season.

Louisville - Slow start and has come on as of late. Can T-Will be the leader they've desperately needed since losing Padgett? Whoever didn't list them as a threat is kidding themselves.

ND - Rough schedule to start conference play, still a Top 20 team.

G'Town - Monroe is tough. I don't think they have a run in them this year.

Marquette - Experienced and off to a good start in conference. Maybe a sleeper team.

West Virginia - Only saw them once against UK and they did not look good, especially on offense.

Nova - Pretender IMO

 

^That is a lot of teams listed.

Big East deserves all the coverage they're recieving... No way they're overated..

The Big East is overrated in the sense of top 3 teams in America. They belong to the ACC, and after the new poll comes out, it should be that way. After the top 3 however, I think the Big East is right where they should be.

I'd say the Big East is the best conference in America but not by as much as it would seem. ColonelCrazy has a good point about the number of teams helping, and OR's breakdown is good. I'm not too big on ND's chances as a title contender though.

I'm not too big on ND's chances as a title contender though.

 

Playing remotely well on the road would help a little...

I like how all these fans of SEC football are completely ready to dismiss the BEast in hoops ...

I like how all these fans of SEC football are completely ready to dismiss the BEast in hoops ...

The irony is rich...

I haven't seen anyone completely dismissing the conference?

 

^I do agree that the two groups you two gentlemen are talking about are similar though.

I haven't seen anyone completely dismissing the conference?

 

^I do agree that the two groups you two gentlemen are talking about are similar though.

 

Except for the fact that one conference in one sport has won 3 straight titles... while the other conference in the other sport hasn't. ;):p

Except for the fact that one conference in one sport has won 3 straight titles... while the other conference in the other sport hasn't. ;):p

 

The groups of fans, not the teams :D

The groups of fans, not the teams :D

 

Gotcha... Just couldn't miss the opprotunity to throw in the cheap shot. :thumb::lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.