Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Big East Overrated?

Is the Big East Overrated? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the Big East Overrated?

    • Yes
      30%
      30
    • No
      69%
      69

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No...sorry to say.

They're overrated like the Big12 was in football. They're a VERY good conference (top 1 or 2), but they've been hyped beyond belief.

 

It's much more like SEC football than Big 12 football...

Really I can't see myself saying they are overrated. There top 8 are talented, but there top 4 are excellent. I do think they get too much media attention, as I have already grown tired of watching Gtown play this season. Hard to say they are overrated though when they have Cuse, UL, Pitt, UConn, Marquette, ND, GTown, and Nova. They do have too many teams though.

No.

 

They're the best conference right now... what else are media outlets going to say about the best conference? That while they are the best, they're not that great? Come off of it.

Since it's typically UK fans asking this question, ask yourself this. How would you feel about this 9 game stretch dotting the middle of your schedule?

 

@Georgetown

Notre Dame

@Pittsburgh

Louisville

@Providence

West Virginia

@Villanova

@Connecticut

Georgetown

Villanova

I am a UK fan and a fan of the SEC and college basketball.

 

The Big EAST is NOT overrated and Louisville is a definite contender along with several other Big EAST teams.

 

It is just a fact.:thumb:

Since it's typically UK fans asking this question, ask yourself this. How would you feel about this 9 game stretch dotting the middle of your schedule?

 

@Georgetown

Notre Dame

@Pittsburgh

Louisville

@Providence

West Virginia

@Villanova

@Connecticut

Georgetown

Villanova

 

Thats unbelievable. I dont see how anyone could argue that that is on heckuva stretch of games. I dont see how anyone outside of the ACC can make any arguement whatsoever that the Big East isnt dominant.

I am a UK fan and a fan of the SEC and college basketball.

 

The Big EAST is NOT overrated and Louisville is a definite contender along with several other Big EAST teams.

 

It is just a fact.:thumb:

 

:thumb: HEck after UK lost to UL at the buzzer I now want them to win the BEast so it looks better on them.

Don't know if they are overrated or not. But I do know, the Big East, ACC, and a few others are MUCH MUCH tougher than the tepid SEC. This year may be the weakest SEC basketball conference I have ever seen.

Thats unbelievable. I dont see how anyone could argue that that is on heckuva stretch of games. I dont see how anyone outside of the ACC can make any arguement whatsoever that the Big East isnt dominant.

 

That's what Cuse is in the middle of right now... :scared:

Its hard to say they overrated when there isn't another conference that is better. :D

I don't think they are overrated but I don't think a Big East team will be able to win the championship for the lone fact that they will beat the crap out of each other in the regular and conference tournament seasons. Have you seen the Big East conference tournament schedule? It lasts five days and if you play on the first day of the tournament then you have to win five games in a row to win the tournament! talk about running a gauntlet!

  • Author
They're overrated like the Big12 was in football. They're a VERY good conference (top 1 or 2), but they've been hyped beyond belief.

 

I agree with that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.