Story on Williamsburg basketball

Les

I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to believe the Expo Center might be getting the region tournament in the 13th - in the near future, and yes Bubba, you were right on that. I don't believe it would hold it when it would be Harlan County's turn. I'm just going by from what I've been told.

As for moving the district, I don't think so.

Yes the parking at W'burg is awful, I hear there are plans to expand the lot a great deal after the new athletic complex gets built.

I would guess that they might use the gravel parking lots at the UC tennis courts and baseball field. That may seem like a bit of a walk to some, but honestly, you could be in the main lot at Whitley and actually have a longer walk to the door.

Corbin Civic Center be great by me, but some of those W'burg admistrators might like to try and make some money off the tourney:)

Nice article Les.

I totally agree that coach Robinson is a class act. He works hard, he knows the game, he is student of the game that will continue to learn more and get better, he has a passion for the gaem, the kids, the school, and the community.

Agree somewhat with the comparison he made to the 1998 Jackets, but...He failed to mention that in '98 they had a kid that was not that tall, not that quick or fast, not that strong, was not the best shooter, but was the CONSUMATE FLOOR GENERAL...I believe he now goes by the name that many called his father for many years...Coach Vernon. His impact went waaaay beyond the linescore.

Yes the parking at W'burg is awful, I hear there are plans to expand the lot a great deal after the new athletic complex gets built.

I would guess that they might use the gravel parking lots at the UC tennis courts and baseball field. That may seem like a bit of a walk to some, but honestly, you could be in the main lot at Whitley and actually have a longer walk to the door.

Corbin Civic Center be great by me, but some of those W'burg admistrators might like to try and make some money off the tourney:)

Yes I agree, long walk from the parking lot at Whitley! The Civic Center would be great!!! Just no parking at Williamsburg!

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Nice article Les.

I totally agree that coach Robinson is a class act. He works hard, he knows the game, he is student of the game that will continue to learn more and get better, he has a passion for the gaem, the kids, the school, and the community.

Agree somewhat with the comparison he made to the 1998 Jackets, but...He failed to mention that in '98 they had a kid that was not that tall, not that quick or fast, not that strong, was not the best shooter, but was the CONSUMATE FLOOR GENERAL...I believe he now goes by the name that many called his father for many years...Coach Vernon. His impact went waaaay beyond the linescore.

The Vernon family knows the game!!:thumb: