Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Better Pro Curry or Meeks?

Who will be a better pro? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be a better pro?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Some people obviously think Davidson is better than UK at this point, whether thats right or wrong... Does being on a better team help or hurt your draft status?

 

 

Ex. 1 Michael Beasley

Ex. 2 OJ Mayo

Ex. 3 Eric Gordon

4 Joe Alexander

5 Brook and Robin Lopez

6 Jerryd Bayless

7 Jason Thompson

8 Anthony Randolph

9 Mareese Speights

10 Javelle Magee

11 JJ Hickson

12 Ryan Anderson

13 Courtney Lee.....

 

 

I could keep going, but these guys are from last years 1st round draft class alone.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is hard to compare these two. They are different kinds of players who will excel in different areas in the NBA. What Meeks did the other night against UT was incredible. What Curry did in the NCAA Tournament last year was even more incredible when you factor in the stage on which he did it.

This thread could be renamed,

 

Better looking:

 

Halle Berry or Cindy Crawford

 

To stay on the topic of the thread, I like them both.

This is crazy. Jodie Meeks is a nice player, but he's not Curry. Meeks has better players around him, most notably Patrick Patterson. Yes, now he may be the opposing teams focal point, but you do have to guard other players. No one worries about anyone else on Davidson beating them. Steff Curry is a player, and he makes Davidson legit against great competition. If you don't think Billy G or any other coach in the country would rather have Curry than Meeks you're living in a fantasy world. Living in Kentucky we see Jodie Meeks more often, and our sunglasses have a decided blue tint to them. No way is he better than Meeks. Someone stated that Curry forces shots, I think Meeks forces more shots. His turnovers are forced alot by trying to do too much.

One thing, if Steff Curry was on our team instead of Meeks, we would have been in the game vs. Carolina, we would have beaten U of L and Miami. He is on a different level. You can't look at stats and say whos better (even though that would be Curry as well). He makes his team legit and a threat to play with the big boys.

I think ESPN has Meeks as a late 2nd round pick right now. He simply isn't quick enough or tall enough to play his style of game in the league. I could see him being a nice shooter in the league/role player. I don't think he is a starter at the next level.

While I don't think Curry will be a hall of famer, i do think he will be a quality starter in the league. .

This is crazy. Jodie Meeks is a nice player, but he's not Curry. Meeks has better players around him, most notably Patrick Patterson. Yes, now he may be the opposing teams focal point, but you do have to guard other players. No one worries about anyone else on Davidson beating them. Steff Curry is a player, and he makes Davidson legit against great competition. If you don't think Billy G or any other coach in the country would rather have Curry than Meeks you're living in a fantasy world. Living in Kentucky we see Jodie Meeks more often, and our sunglasses have a decided blue tint to them. No way is he better than Meeks. Someone stated that Curry forces shots, I think Meeks forces more shots. His turnovers are forced alot by trying to do too much.

One thing, if Steff Curry was on our team instead of Meeks, we would have been in the game vs. Carolina, we would have beaten U of L and Miami. He is on a different level. You can't look at stats and say whos better (even though that would be Curry as well). He makes his team legit and a threat to play with the big boys.

I think ESPN has Meeks as a late 2nd round pick right now. He simply isn't quick enough or tall enough to play his style of game in the league. I could see him being a nice shooter in the league/role player. I don't think he is a starter at the next level.

While I don't think Curry will be a hall of famer, i do think he will be a quality starter in the league. .

 

Meeks is thicker, taller, and quicker then Steph Curry.....

I aI have told many folks that Jodie Meeks is my favorite Uk player ever. Being that I hate UK, that doesn't speak for much, other than I completely respect his game. That said, I really feel that Curry is ready for the NBA more than Jodie. This may sounds weird, but Curry seems to be very comfortable in the isolation 1-on-1 NBA style of offnse with kick outs and assits. Meeks tends to feed off of team play, which is not nearly the style in today's NBA.

Meeks is thicker, taller, and quicker then Steph Curry.....

 

I don't think he is quicker...

I don't think he is quicker...

 

Be in the midst of a divorce, listen to Bob Dylan's "It's all over now baby blue", be an avid UK fan, and then tell me that.

I don't think he is quicker...

 

He is quicker with the ball. :thumb:

I still believe that Jodie gets his shot up quicker off of the pass or dribble. He bounces around everywhere he goes and is always ready to put up a shot. Not force a shot, but shoot 22 times and score 54 points.

I don't think he is quicker or quicker with the ball than Stephen Curry.

 

Jodie Meeks might be one of the fastest players I have seen wear the Blue and White. I bet his forty yard dash time is scary!

 

Both good players!

Right now, I have to go with Curry,Meeks needs to be more consistent.

I think Curry is the better player right now and will make an impact in his first two or three seasons in the NBA. He shows up against big time opponents (44 at OU, 44 vs. NC State, 27 at WVU and 29 at Duke). Meeks is doing something special this season but he is a third tier player this season. The first Tier is Curry and Griffin, the second is Haragody and Hansbrough and the third has Meeks, Jonny Flynn, Jeff Teague and James Harden.

I saw this on First Take.

 

Woody picked Meeks while Stephen A Smith picked Curry.

 

So I ask you who will be the better pro?

 

Meeks is just starting to reach his porential. Curry because of his slight frame, will have a hard time in the NBA.

Meeks is just starting to reach his porential. Curry because of his slight frame, will have a hard time in the NBA.

Project him out 5-10 years and do you think he will be any slighter than Steve Nash?

 

I do not think so.

 

This kid will be a very good professional.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.