Son went back to college

Mom55

My son went back to college tonite and I am very sad. He is a sophomore at Morehead.

I know I'm just being a "mom" but I really like my kid and enjoy his company.

Am I the only one that feels sad at the beginning of the semester when my kid goes back?

:cry::cry:

My son went back to college tonite and I am very sad. He is a sophomore at Morehead.

Am I the only one that feels sad at the beginning of the semester when my kid goes back?

That's the important part of being a parent. I'm sure I'll be feeling the same in August.

I would feel the same way when my son was in college. He would go back on a Sunday afternoon. I then would start cleaning my house...kept me busy and my mind off of it...Cleanest my house has been...:D

I know being an only child my mom gets pretty upset when I go back to school, even when I come home to visit for a weekend she still fights back the tears as she says Im her baby. I enjoy being home and enjoy spending time with my family and my dog lol! I vowed Id visit more frequently when I had the chance as I was rather busy last semester and my visits were down from usual.

Im a Dad and I miss my son greatly after he has been in for a while and goes back. I love it when he is here. I have 3 kids and it is a feeling that I cant explain when they are all 3 at home, safe in their beds. Fortunately, this my son's last semester and he will be doing his student teaching at a local school so he will be home all the time in a few weeks. I guess Im going to have to get used to it because my middle son is graduating high school this year and then he is off to college and my baby girl is a soph in HS and she will be leaving in a couple of years but I dont think Im going to let her go,haha! Seriously though, I cant hardly stand the thought of her leaving. I dont know what I'll do. I may go with her. I could use another degree,lol.

YIPPIE:dancingpa:dancingpa

Christmas break is over and the boy is back at school.:banana::banana::banana:

Less laundry, less cooking, less cleaning and I don't have to lie in bed listing for him to come home. I can get a full night sleep.:dancingpa

J/K

Less laundry, less cooking, less cleaning and I don't have to lie in bed listing for him to come home. I can get a full night sleep.:dancingpa

J/K

I hate when the bed is listing:dancingpa

Im a Dad and I miss my son greatly after he has been in for a while and goes back. I love it when he is here. I have 3 kids and it is a feeling that I cant explain when they are all 3 at home, safe in their beds. Fortunately, this my son's last semester and he will be doing his student teaching at a local school so he will be home all the time in a few weeks. I guess Im going to have to get used to it because my middle son is graduating high school this year and then he is off to college and my baby girl is a soph in HS and she will be leaving in a couple of years but I dont think Im going to let her go,haha! Seriously though, I cant hardly stand the thought of her leaving. I dont know what I'll do. I may go with her. I could use another degree,lol.

That is exactly how we feel also.

J/K

Yes, I agree less laundry, sleeping better when they are out, but I'm still sad.

My son is a soph at Ohio U. He is home from Thanksgiving till the first of the year. After six weeks he cant wait to get back! I, on the other hand have a very hard time seeing him walk out the door. :cry: In the next two years my other two will go away also. I will be a mess!