Fox and the BCS

The Golfer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the guys in the studio, but Fox's game coverage/commentators are horrible. I was about ready to puke with the OU play clock thing they would do. We get it, they go no huddle and snap the ball before the actual play clock hits 7 seconds. No need to show the clock every single play.

Thought the coverage was terrible. Especially considering this was the marquee college game of the year!

They mentioned they were broadcasting in 3-D. I would have enjoyed the game in 3-D at a movie theatre. If they sold adult beverage... I think Fox may be onto something here...

Anyone get the opportunity to see the game in 3-D?

Thought the coverage was terrible. Especially considering this was the marquee college game of the year!

They mentioned they were broadcasting in 3-D. I would have enjoyed the game in 3-D at a movie theatre. If they sold adult beverage... I think Fox may be onto something here...

Anyone get the opportunity to see the game in 3-D?

Haven't heard anything about this game but the NFL game got some nice reviews (especially the sideline shots of the Chargers' cheerleaders). I think it would be cool to do once, for a quarter or a half but probably not a whole game and definitely not worth the $20.

FOX has been terrible in their BCS broadcasts. They have been for a while and I think I spoke to this last year when they kept showing the bands more than the game action.

Between Thom Brennaman constantly reminding us that the clock stops on first downs to professing his man-love for Tim Tebow throughout, it was nearly sickening to watch. And of course, the botched fourth down call in the third quarter was almost comical.

I also didn't care much for the constant split and quarter screens. I just dont understand how a network that puts together a quality NFL broadcast can screw up on the college level as much as FOX does.

And I dont look for FOX to improve next year either.

Should someone want to see college sports really screwed up then give it to NBC, they can (and do) screw up anything.

I personally feel that their main problem with it is they put commentators/announcers on college games that are accustomed to doing pro. Most of the time that doesn't work. The college game is much better than pro and deserves much better coverage all the way around. JMO

FOX has been terrible in their BCS broadcasts. They have been for a while and I think I spoke to this last year when they kept showing the bands more than the game action.

Between Thom Brennaman constantly reminding us that the clock stops on first downs to professing his man-love for Tim Tebow throughout, it was nearly sickening to watch. And of course, the botched fourth down call in the third quarter was almost comical.

I also didn't care much for the constant split and quarter screens. I just dont understand how a network that puts together a quality NFL broadcast can screw up on the college level as much as FOX does.

And I dont look for FOX to improve next year either.

Doesn't ESPN have it next year?

Is it just me or does Fox do an awful job with the BCS games? For one they do not cover college football games all year long and then they take over for the biggest games of the year with announcers who seem to have no clue of what they are doing. I thought the announcing of the championship game was just terrible. Two annoncers have no clue that Oklahoma had the ball 3rd and Goal and debating whether or not they should go for it. I think its a shame CBS, ABC/ESPN does games all year with great announcers and broadcasts then we have a pathetic effort by a station who doesn't do games all year for the biggest games of the year. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I agree. I thought they were terrible. Again, how many band shots do we really need. :irked: