Texas 24 OSU 21

ScarHeel

You won't hear me say this often but I thought OSU outplayed Texas tonight. Love Larinitus and McCoy. They are good for college football. Thought for the 1st time in the big game Tressell outcoached his opponent. If Texas had ever put 8 or 9 in the box + run McCoy some early I don't think it would have been a game. Instead OSU pounded the ball early and often + controlled the clock which is what they should have done. I thought the big turning point was when Texas went no huddle and put the pressure on. I felt like if they ever got up the pressure really would get intense for OSU. Good game. I thought OSU played the style of game they wanted and Texas made the play too win. This game made me think even more they got it right with Okl/Fla other than maybe USC. Utah is good but I don't think they are that good. Do wish there was a playoff and understand that argument.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Longhorns, what a great college football game, the title game has alot to live up to. Lets remember these are student athletes, yet we call them chokers?

When I say choke, I'm looking at the collective hole, not singling out these kids!

:thumb:

Buckeyes are just fortunate to have a National Title in the last 30 years. Talk about ending in controversy... How about the 3 second late pass interference flag, where no pass interference was comitted in OT against the University of Miami in 2002...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvjADmxhVw

The ball was tipped and the ball was there before contact.

It was a controversial spot... maybe he reached the ball over while being twisted but it didn't look like it. It's a game of inches and a game of breaks. Just didn't bounce OSU's way tonight.

In any even what happened to all you UK guys who said OSU would get waxed? Texas wins in the last second against a "weak" OSU team as you guys label it, very impressive.

Buckeyes are just fortunate to have a National Title in the last 30 years. Talk about ending in controversy... How about the 3 second late pass interference flag, where no pass interference was comitted in OT against the University of Miami in 2002...

The ball was tipped and the ball was there before contact.

I watched that game before the game on ESPN classic tonight.

It was a controversial spot... maybe he reached the ball over while being twisted but it didn't look like it. It's a game of inches and a game of breaks. Just didn't bounce OSU's way tonight.

In any even what happened to all you UK guys who said OSU would get waxed? Texas wins in the last second against a "weak" OSU team as you guys label it, very impressive.

He was right at the line when he caught the ball then stretched it out before the DB managed to throw him backward. It was very obvious when they showed it from the sideline cam and took less than 30 seconds for the review booth to make the correct call. No controversy there.

The spot was correct. My only question was which official marked it. If it was the guy running up towards the first down marker I'm not sure how he determined where the ball was when he caught it.

Don't let the UK football guys get to ya brother. There is a reason the entire country dislikes UK fans... a lot of bad apples ruin it for all. I like having you on this website.

I didnt know espn had a poll lately asking the entire country if they hated UK fans, musta been when that new web site went up and it kept kicking me off! Theres always a few bad apples in every fan base no matter who you root for. Some people are just more passionate about their favorite teams then others is all! If you dont like watching/playing sports and are going to have your feelings hurt by people being a little offensive and calling out your team for certain things your hobbies might need to change.

No way that spot was controversial. Think you were listening to Eddie George too much after the game.

I don't get how everyone is saying the Buckeyes choked. Most of you said that Texas would kill the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes rallied from a 11 point deficit to take the lead, but a very good Texas team behind a very good quarterback had a great 2 minute drive. If you want to call that choking so be it, but I thought the Buckeyes showed they are one of the nation's top teams tonight.

The spot was easy and they got the first down by the full length of the football. Replay was extremely clear and they got it right.

The only controversy was in 2002...

O$U did execute exactly what I thought their game plan would be and it nearly worked (exactly why I bet the under). Credit to O$U for making a good game of it this year and not getting blown out this year.

Your knowledge of OSU football fans is below average if you believe that. Go around and see how many are trashing other teams on other boards. Even the OSU fans who hate Michigan know there a good program.

Please. Both fans have unrealistic expectations of their team and live and breathe it 13 months per year. They're exactly the same.

The spot was easy and they got the first down by the full length of the football. Replay was extremely clear and they got it right.

O$U did execute exactly what I thought their game plan would be and it nearly worked (exactly why I bet the under). Credit to O$U for making a good game of it this year and not getting blown out this year.