Texas 24 OSU 21

ScarHeel

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how everyone is saying the Buckeyes choked. Most of you said that Texas would kill the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes rallied from a 11 point deficit to take the lead, but a very good Texas team behind a very good quarterback had a great 2 minute drive. If you want to call that choking so be it, but I thought the Buckeyes showed they are one of the nation's top teams tonight.

A lot of good defenses would have "choked" in that same situation, so give Texas some credit, they made the plays at the end to win the game. Ohio St. played well and is one of the top 10 teams in the country.

I hate Ohio State, but they impressed me tonight. Texas is a much better team if they play this game 10 times, but OSU came to play last night. Little bit of a few things, Texas thought they should be playing Thursday against Florida, Ohio State had to play well after being embarrased the last 2 years in the BCS and Texas (The Big 12) is not nearly as good as we thought.

I have said numerous times Ohio State should not be allowed in the BCS. I'll take that back, they just shouldn't be allowed to play the SEC in the BCS.

I know you didn't say it...

I was responding to why the flames are being fanned by some buckeye fans, making it easier for the haters... Not you.:thumb:

The haters don't need anything to make bashing the Buckeyes easier for them. They do it when OSU wins or when they lose. Some even trash OSU when a thread is not even about OSU. Trashing OSU seems to be their main purpose in life :lol:, kind of sad really but if somehow makes them feel better about themselves and that is all they have got :rolleyes:(and it seeems that it is)then so be it. Not really worth my time. :sleep: :thumb:

2007, 2008. 2009 UK 3-0 In bowl games

tOSU 0-3...life is good.

If that's what makes you happy, then I'm glad for you. Although I've gotta say that if it takes beating (barely) East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl to make your season, then your season wasn't very good to begin with.

And really, if you look at last year's squad - to barely beat a Florida State team that 30+ players out - the Music City Bowl wasn't that impressive of a win either.

Bottom line is, expectations for UK football are nowhere near what they are for Ohio State. And while there will be detractors out there that say the Buckeyes "choked" in the big games - at least they earned the right to play in them in the first place. You can't win the National Championship unless you're playing in the National Championship game. I'd rather play in the big games (even if there's a chance of getting beat by a great team), than be satisfied by accepting an invitation to one of the leftover bowls.

This was a great game between two very good teams. Texas probably was a better team going in, so kudos to the Buckeyes for hanging with them. Yes, it hurts to lose once you have the lead so late in the game. But considering that a lot of people said Texas would hang 60 on OSU, I think the Bucks showed why they are a top-10 team.

If that's what makes you happy, then I'm glad for you. Although I've gotta say that if it takes beating (barely) East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl to make your season, then your season wasn't very good to begin with.

I mean... Do you know Kentucky's history? A 6+ win season for Kentucky is good.

Does Ohio State have two kickers? I thought I saw where another guy other than Pettrey kicked one in from around 30 yards?

Yes, Ryan Petroious has handled most of the FG' this season, Pettry has been recovering from a hamstring/groin pull from last season. Pettry has been handling the k/o duties and the long fg"s. Reason being is that Pettry has a lot more range/distance on a FG than Petrious. Pettry has been kicking more fg's as this season has went on the better the hammy gets. When he was in over the Christmas break he said that he thought that he was around 90% now. I hope that he will be completely healed next season, if so it can be a huge year for him. Pettry imo has the ability to kick on Sunday's and hopefully that will show next season. He is a great kid as well from a great family.