Texas 24 OSU 21

ScarHeel

That's why I said generally. :p

:lol::lol::lol:

In all seriousness OSU played well enough to win tonight and did nothing to show that they weren't worthy of their BCS nod this season. Maybe they're just better suited at this point for the non-title BCS games. I'd say somewhere between 6-12 is where they've belonged the last 3 years.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or you have good connections! Florida,Oklahoma,Texas,Usc,Penn State, Utah, TCU, and Bama are ahead of OSU which like I said puts them in the 9-15 range of top teams in the nations. But like I said IMO you have to beat the top teams to be a top team and not just run through a medicore big 10 conference.

That's high praise for what the Big 10 was

While I am not an OSU fan. I think they deserve some credit tonight for their performance.

However when a buckeye fan, fans the flames of the haters by stating that he hated to see the game end in "controversy" you are asking for it...

Unless he equally hated the true controversy that gave OSU their only national title in 3 decades...:D

You quoted me :confused:......I didn't say that.

This kind of makes my point even more.:sleep:

Either that or you have good connections! Florida,Oklahoma,Texas,Usc,Penn State, Utah, TCU, and Bama are ahead of OSU which like I said puts them in the 9-15 range of top teams in the nations. But like I said IMO you have to beat the top teams to be a top team and not just run through a medicore big 10 conference.

Why do you include Alabama as a top team? They lost to the two top teams they played.

Why do you include Alabama as a top team? They lost to the two top teams they played.

Well we all know how OSU stacks up compared to the SEC anyway and Bama lost to Florida in the SEC championship game not to mention how hot Florida came into that game playing and I think if Bama had their suspended player against Utah things might have been different so that is why they are a top team.

On a side note I would like to give a hometown (Raceland, Ky.)kid some praise. OSU placekicker Aaron Pettry hit a 51 and 43 yd, FG's tonight. Looked like both would have been good from well beyond that range (the 53yd. looked like it would have gone at 60 and better). I look for Aaron to have a BIG senior season next year. He has one heck of a leg and was just now coming back healthy from last seasons hamstring/groin problems.

Your right there was no controversy.... you can prove 100% he made it. OSU has already been trashed in this thread you guys have accomplished your mission its now turning into a cold case.

Yes 100%. He made it by the full length of the football. The last replay was extremely clear and the back point of the football was beyond the sticks when measured. A football is 11.25 inches so, yes it was clearly a first down. Why do you think it took like 20 seconds for the review???

If you think that play was controversial, then what is your take on 2002? You must have been outraged... ;-)

I would think you would be proud of the effort tonight and I thought that O$U outdid themselves to make it a game.

I think Beanie probalby needs to go on. The one spot I think you almost have to think about coming out early is RB. You only have so many runs you can take on with your body as a RB IMO.

I love the college game so I hate to see any kid anywhere come out early but you do make a good point.

On a side note I would like to give a hometown (Raceland, Ky.)kid some praise. OSU placekicker Aaron Pettry hit a 51 and 43 yd, FG's tonight. Looked like both would have been good from well beyond that range (the 53yd. looked like it would have gone at 60 and better). I look for Aaron to have a BIG senior season next year. He has one heck of a leg and was just now coming back healthy from last seasons hamstring/groin problems.

:thumb:

NFL range showed tonight.

I think Beanie probalby needs to go on. The one spot I think you almost have to think about coming out early is RB. You only have so many runs you can take on with your body as a RB IMO.

I kinda hope he goes too. He is a Marion Barber style back, I hope he has a successful career in the NFL, he should probably go secure his future now.