Texas 24 OSU 21

ScarHeel

I don't get how everyone is saying the Buckeyes choked. Most of you said that Texas would kill the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes rallied from a 11 point deficit to take the lead, but a very good Texas team behind a very good quarterback had a great 2 minute drive. If you want to call that choking so be it, but I thought the Buckeyes showed they are one of the nation's top teams tonight.

OSU is no where near one of the top teams in the nations, and their 3 losse's show that. If you dont call choking being up with under 2 minutes left and a guy scores as easily as he did on the last play I dont know what choking is.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio State will say goodbye to 28 seniors that I believe have the most wins of any senior class to ever go through Ohio State. Pryor (as J.A. stated) has to work on the passing game, tons of potential and imo in the off season he will come leaps and bounds from this season in that area. I was glad to see Todd Boekman get playing time, he has shown a lot of class this season as a team captain that lost his starting job but kept a good attitude and helped Pryor and other players throughout the season. I thought that Robiske had a great game recieving tonight, Wells was great when he was in before he was injured. Texas had no answer for B. Wells and was just a tough break for him to go out with an injury. Ohio State will be back at the top very soon, great class of players (tons of talent and speed) coming in along with the ones returning. I will certainly miss all of the seniors but especially James Laurinaitis

The 3rd qtr. was a killer, by the time that OSU had made adjustments to the adjustments made by Texas (no huddle) at the half Texas had scored twice.

Kudos to Texas, they made plays down the stretch that they had to make. C. McCoy is not just a great qb, he is a great all around football player and is deserving of any and all praise that he gets and is a class person as well. I personally thought that he should have won the Heisman.

Mack Brown is one of the very best coaches in the country as is Jim Tressel both imo define the word class as both programs do.

Your knowledge of OSU football fans is below average if you believe that. Go around and see how many are trashing other teams on other boards. Even the OSU fans who hate Michigan know there a good program.

I think it's a great analogy. There are some of the most passionate educated UK basketball fans in the Nation. Same goes for OSU football. There is also some of the most obnoxious, overbearing of each. I am a UK fan but I don't have blinders. I also have A LOT of OSU football fans. OSU football fans + UK basketball fans is a great analogy IMO.

Please. Both fans have unrealistic expectations of their team and live and breathe it 13 months per year. They're exactly the same.

So Texas football, USC football, Michigan football, Alabama football, LSU football, Florida football... dont have these same expecations. Thats not biased. Keep chugging the hatorade :lol:

Ohio State will say goodbye to 28 seniors that I believe have the most wins of any senior class to ever go through Ohio State. Pryor (as J.A. stated) has to work on the passing game, tons of potential and imo in the off season he will come leaps and bounds from this season in that area. I was glad to see Todd Boekman get playing time, he has shown a lot of class this season as a team captain that lost his starting job but kept a good attitude and helped Pryor and other players throughout the season. I thought that Robiske had a great game recieving tonight, Wells was great when he was in before he was injured. Texas had no answer for B. Wells and was just a tough break for him to go out with an injury. Ohio State will be back at the top very soon, great class of players (tons of talent and speed) coming in along with the ones returning. I will certainly miss all of the seniors but especially James Laurinaitis

The 3rd qtr. was a killer, by the time that OSU had made adjustments to the adjustments made by Texas (no huddle) at the half Texas had scored twice.

Kudos to Texas, they made plays down the stretch that they had to make. C. McCoy is not just a great qb, he is a great all around football player and is deserving of any and all praise that he gets and is a class person as well. I personally thought that he should have won the Heisman.

Mack Brown is one of the very best coaches in the country as is Jim Tressel both imo define the word class as both programs do.

Good post, but I believe they said if OSU woulda won the game this class would have the most wins for any senior class so I believe they went out tied for most wins

Great game tonight...awesome Fourth Quarter.

You gotta hand it to Colt McCoy and Crosby...man they were awesome tonight.

My grandpa would be upset with me, but I had picked Texas in this win, but I think I was pulling for him. He is a huge Ohio St. fan. And it stinks for the 28 seniors to go out with a loss, but I do believe this group of seniors had won more games than any before.

Either way....great game.

So Texas football, USC football, Michigan football, Alabama football, LSU football, Florida football... dont have these same expecations. Thats not biased. Keep chugging the hatorade :lol:

Why are you looking at my comparison as a criticism?

I thought Boekman really played great tonight by the way and I love to hate on OSU because of friends. I also don't think it would have been a game if Pryor wasn't the athlete he was. I can't tell you how many times he should have been tackled for a loss but shook free and made something happen with his legs.

OSU is no where near one of the top teams in the nations, and their 3 losse's show that. If you dont call choking being up with under 2 minutes left and a guy scores as easily as he did on the last play I dont know what choking is.

No where near one of the top teams? They were a top ten team coming into tonight, and played the #3 team in the country to the wire. I think that shows their one of the top 10-15 teams in the country. Texas made the plays to win the game. Like I said, if it makes you feel better to say tOSU choked, then by all means have all the fun your heart desires.

:thumb:

Would love to see one more year from beanie, do you think hes gone? Id like to see what he could do next year 100% healthy all year.

No where near one of the top teams? They were a top ten team coming into tonight, and played the #3 team in the country to the wire. I think that shows their one of the top 10-15 teams in the country. Texas made the plays to win the game. Like I said, if it makes you feel better to say tOSU choked, then by all means have all the fun your heart desires.

I can't stand OSU but they are one of the better teams in the country IMO!

I I can't tell you how many times he should have been tackled for a loss but shook free and made something happen with his legs.

Completely disagree. They lost to PSU because of his inability to play the position. They struggled tonite because of his inability to play the position. His best plays tonite came as a receiver.

They could be in the top 9-15 range but why should they been considered a top team if they keep losing to top teams like USC, Penn State, Texas. In my eyes to be a top team you eventually have to beat a top team in the nation, something they really havent done.