January 5, 200917 yr Military Schools and Gardner-Webb.And Gardner-Webb also hails from a league rated lower than the OVC. Of course, the military academies are a different breed altogether. I can also assure that all three would have gotten several more offers after their play last week at the Beach Ball Classic. Evan was voted the MOP. Previous MOP's included Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett and several other NBA all stars. Things will start to heat up with Ferguson after his performance since he is the only one that is still unsigned.Interesting how the Beach Ball Classic does their awards: Most Valuable Player: Michael Gilchrest, St. Patricks Most Outstanding Player: Evan Faulkner, Elliott County Congrats to Faulkner ...
January 5, 200917 yr With all the talk about DI or not, nobody has mentioned NKU may be DII, but I remember them having a local DI university on the ropes recently...and I'm not talking about an OVC school.
January 5, 200917 yr Morehead and EKU have both passed on many KY kids who could have really helped the programs in the win column as well as with their attendance.... or maybe they couldn't get the local talent to stay home. I'd venture to say that Kelly Wells improved attendance numbers for the Eagles. I don't have facts, but I'd bet on it.
January 5, 200917 yr Morehead and EKU have both passed on many KY kids who could have really helped the programs in the win column as well as with their attendance.... or maybe they couldn't get the local talent to stay home. I'd venture to say that Kelly Wells improved attendance numbers for the Eagles. I don't have facts, but I'd bet on it. Didn't Wells sign with Tulsa coming out of high school?
January 5, 200917 yr Didn't Wells sign with Tulsa coming out of high school? I don't know, but with G-town College getting most of the "coming back home" transfers Morehead and EKU might need to get in that market as well. Profitt was a good sign for the Eagles.
January 5, 200917 yr A hop skip and a jump and I am in E.T.J arena, but I have not watched but one MSU game in years. I guarantee you though if Ferg or the Faulkners or ALL THREE(oh! my..someone find me a chair i'm getting over-excited) I would attend every game with bells on and so would 100's of others I have talked to from around the region. I know this is not going to happen but the thread question was sort of about would it change attendance and so on. The answer is YES...drastically. DT probably didnt need no one at those guys position or else he would have recruited them. They are definately good enough to play there.
January 5, 200917 yr And Gardner-Webb also hails from a league rated lower than the OVC. Of course, the military academies are a different breed altogether. Interesting how the Beach Ball Classic does their awards: Most Valuable Player: Michael Gilchrest, St. Patricks Most Outstanding Player: Evan Faulkner, Elliott County Congrats to Faulkner ... It is funny that you continue to discount these Elliott boys. I was just browsing around on Rivals.com and here is the list of schools that are listed for Ferguson (I know for sure that he has received offers from 3 of these schools, but you'd have to talk to someone closer to him to get the full scoop. Either way, that's a pretty decent list for someone that can't play in the OVC- JMO, of course): Ferguson: - Duquesne - Indiana - Kentucky - Mississippi State - Ohio State - Tennessee - West Virginia - Western Kentucky - Murray State
January 5, 200917 yr It is funny that you continue to discount these Elliott boys. I was just browsing around on Rivals.com and here is the list of schools that are listed for Ferguson (I know for sure that he has received offers from 3 of these schools, but you'd have to talk to someone closer to him to get the full scoop. Either way, that's a pretty decent list for someone that can't play in the OVC- JMO, of course): Ferguson: - Duquesne - Indiana - Kentucky - Mississippi State - Ohio State - Tennessee - West Virginia - Western Kentucky - Murray State I'm not discounting anyone. I've never said that Ferguson can't play in the OVC, and I'm not questioning the idea that he has or will get bigger offers than that. I have simply asked this question ... which schools have made scholarship offers to those three players?
January 5, 200917 yr Didn't Wells sign with Tulsa coming out of high school? Yes, Kelly went to Tulsa out of high school and was playing well, but decided to transfer back home to MSU, but his career was cut short because of injuries.
January 6, 200917 yr The Faulkners in my opinion are very good players and to everyone wondering why they are not a Morehead. I think our answer will be sometime this time next year when we see what they are doing for their own seperate team. I wouldn't question Tyndall he has a pretty good resume to back up his decisions. As to everyone in the Elliott county area that think that they are ultimatly OVC and Morehead material. I ask you the question how many High school players have you watched in person and have went on to Morehead or other major D1 that you can compare these kids to?
January 6, 200917 yr At the moment, the Sagarin Ratings have the OVC ranked 17th out of the 31 conferences in Division I ... the Big South is 25th. Radford's Sagarin Rating would place them in the lower third of the OVC. At the moment and updated January 5th, not the 4th... The RPI Ratings have the OVC ranked 24th out of the "32" conferences in Division I... the Big South is the 20th. Radford's RPI Rating would place them in the middle of the OVC right below the Morehead State University. http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_ovc_Men.html Edited January 6, 200917 yr by justsports Link
January 6, 200917 yr At the moment and updated January 5th, not the 4th... The RPI Ratings have the OVC ranked 24th out of the "32" conferences in Division I... the Big South is the 20th. Radford's RPI Rating would place them in the middle of the OVC right below the Morehead State University. http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_ovc_Men.html There are 31 conferences ... the other grouping is the independents. Frankly, I like the Sagarins better than the RPI, but that's another debate for another time ...
January 6, 200917 yr Forgive Me!!!!!!!!!! I chose the wrong word. Point to be made was they will get instant playing time, and if you "really hope for their sake" must mean they need him so why would you assume it is presumptious?:flame: Simply saying that NKU has a pretty good D-II team, with some nice young guards; and if he can come in and "be a starter right off the bat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then great for the Norse!! :thumb:
January 7, 200917 yr Some Elliott County posters on the Boys High School Forum wondered why MSU didn't try to recruit some of their players--which is a good question. On this forum, some posters have wondered why MSU basketball doesn't get more local support. Right now there are only three Kentucky players on the team: Stallworth, Proffitt, and Pettit. As many of you know, Pettit is a red-shirt freshman, and Proffitt is a transfer sitting out the year. Here's the bigger question: Should Donnie Tyndall and Co. make a more concerted effort to recruit Kentucky (maybe even Eastern Kentucky) ball players? Coach Tyndall has clearly had some successes and is an excellent coach, but would he attract more fans and revenue if he aggressively recruited local talent? What do you all think? Morehead needs more in state players in ALL SPORTS, not just basketball.
January 7, 200917 yr Tyndall actually had a fairly Kentucky-heavy roster a couple of years ago, but several of those players elected to leave ... some of whom were seeing decent playing time. He's like any other Division I coach ... he couldn't care less where the guys are from, as long as they can play.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.