Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Morehead State Needs Kentucky Players?

Featured Replies

I have been to many OVC games, my friend.
So have I, over the course of 20-plus years, and I suspect I've watched a heck of a lot more high-level OVC basketball than you have.

 

If any high school team in Kentucky had three potential "superstars in the OVC," they would probably roll to the state title.

 

You are essentially saying that Elliott has three high-level Division I players. I've seen Elliott play and I don't see it, although they are a legitimate top-10 team in the state.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So have I, over the course of 20-plus years, and I suspect I've watched a heck of a lot more high-level OVC basketball than you have.

 

If any high school team in Kentucky had three potential "superstars in the OVC," they would probably roll to the state title.

 

You are essentially saying that Elliott has three high-level Division I players. I've seen Elliott play and I don't see it, although they are a legitimate top-10 team in the state.

 

That's cool. You have your opinion and I have mine.

I am not at liberty to say, but I know its a fact. :thumb:
Then why advertise it on here? It's not some sort of national secret.

First of all I don't believe that a college coach should be obligated to take a local/in state kid just for that reason and if that kid is good. A college coach's job ultimately depends on "W's" and "L's", not how many local or in state kids he has. A coach has to recruit players that he feels will help him fill certain positions, needs for the upcoming season (position, size, etc.), it doeesn't do him much good to bring in a couple of very good guards when he has a need for big men, post player, power players, etc..( ex: A 6'2" guard lets say is not going to help you under the boards or in the post against opponets big men).Attendance and Winning go hand in hand imo....."if you win, they will come ;)".

Having said that I do feel that if a coach of an in state team can bring in a local or in state kid that will help him and has th ability to play at that level then by all means do so. I love to see all of our in state schools have in state and local kids on the roster. Another factor (and I am certainly not talking about any one kid anywhere) is academics and if the paticualr kid can make the grades. That imo is forgotten about alot of the time. A player has to be a good student to get there and to stay there. JMO

Another option is the N.A.I.A. schools like G-Town, C-Ville, Pikeville, Union, Cumberlands, etc.. Some people feel that just bc they are very small schools and not in the limelight that they are not "good enough". Kentucky NAIA school are consistently amoung the nations best in basketball and football in their divisions. Schools like G-Town are very well coached (none better than H.Osborne anywhere) and are always in that levels national championship tournament. Ever now and then these school can also give a big school all they want and then some (Gtown just about bet Lou. in pre season b.b. game this year).

After all, a kid is going to college for an education and a college degree, that is ultimately what matters and all of these NAIA schools are very high rated academically along with athletics.

Again, I would love to see our local, in state kids playing at in state schools if at all possible.

First of all I don't believe that a college coach should be obligated to take a local/in state kid just for that reason and if that kid is good. A college coach's job ultimately depends on "W's" and "L's", not how many local or in state kids he has. A coach has to recruit players that he feels will help him fill certain positions, needs for the upcoming season (position, size, etc.), it doeesn't do him much good to bring in a couple of very good guards when he has a need for big men, post player, power players, etc..( ex: A 6'2" guard lets say is not going to help you under the boards or in the post against opponets big men).Attendance and Winning go hand in hand imo....."if you win, they will come ;)".

Having said that I do feel that if a coach of an in state team can bring in a local or in state kid that will help him and has th ability to play at that level then by all means do so. I love to see all of our in state schools have in state and local kids on the roster. Another factor (and I am certainly not talking about any one kid anywhere) is academics and if the paticualr kid can make the grades. That imo is forgotten about alot of the time. A player has to be a good student to get there and to stay there. JMO

Another option is the N.A.I.A. schools like G-Town, C-Ville, Pikeville, Union, Cumberlands, etc.. Some people feel that just bc they are very small schools and not in the limelight that they are not "good enough". Kentucky NAIA school are consistently amoung the nations best in basketball and football in their divisions. Schools like G-Town are very well coached (none better than H.Osborne anywhere) and are always in that levels national championship tournament. Ever now and then these school can also give a big school all they want and then some (Gtown just about bet Lou. in pre season b.b. game this year).

After all, a kid is going to college for an education and a college degree, that is ultimately what matters and all of these NAIA schools are very high rated academically along with athletics.

Again, I would love to see our local, in state kids playing at in state schools if at all possible.

 

Absolutely Agree.

1. Ethan Faulkner is a D-1 player, NKU just must have had something the other couldn't offer. Probably, the quickest shot at quality PT.

 

Morehead State, IMO, isn't recruiting area players or Kentucky players for the most part because Tyndall is trying to become an athletic team and tall team. The Elliott County senior trio in my mind is no doubt good enough to play at morehead, but they don't fit the coaches style of play. I think T. Knipp will get a big push from them because of his size and skill level.

1. Ethan Faulkner is a D-1 player, NKU just must have had something the other couldn't offer. Probably, the quickest shot at quality PT.

 

Morehead State, IMO, isn't recruiting area players or Kentucky players for the most part because Tyndall is trying to become an athletic team and tall team. The Elliott County senior trio in my mind is no doubt good enough to play at morehead, but they don't fit the coaches style of play. I think T. Knipp will get a big push from them because of his size and skill level.

 

 

Agree. I know he has already offered Travis Pervis, a sophomore at GRC a scholarship.

Did the Faulkners get other Division I offers? If not, apparently Morehead wasn't the only school that didn't project them as OVC-quality players.

Did the Faulkners get other Division I offers? If not, apparently Morehead wasn't the only school that didn't project them as OVC-quality players.

 

Get other offers from OVC schools or D1 in general? If D1 in general that has already been said..

Get other offers from OVC schools or D1 in general? If D1 in general that has already been said..
What schools?
What schools?

 

Would you offer Evan a scholarship at Radford and not Ethan?

Would you offer Evan a scholarship at Radford and not Ethan?
If Evan is the better player ... yes.

 

If these guys are legitimate, unquestioned Division I players, they should have gotten multiple Division I offers. Did they? And if so, by which schools?

I may be wrong but before Tyndall, didn't Moreheads team have a few local players and that team was unsuccessful? Could that be the reason for looking for taller, athletic, out-of-state players?

I may be wrong but before Tyndall, didn't Moreheads team have a few local players and that team was unsuccessful? Could that be the reason for looking for taller, athletic, out-of-state players?
I suspect that Tyndall is looking for good players, period ... guys that are good enough to win an OVC championship, regardless of where they are from.
I suspect that Tyndall is looking for good players, period ... guys that are good enough to win an OVC championship, regardless of where they are from.

 

So there were local players on that team or no?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.