January 2, 200917 yr Some Elliott County posters on the Boys High School Forum wondered why MSU didn't try to recruit some of their players--which is a good question. On this forum, some posters have wondered why MSU basketball doesn't get more local support. Right now there are only three Kentucky players on the team: Stallworth, Proffitt, and Pettit. As many of you know, Pettit is a red-shirt freshman, and Proffitt is a transfer sitting out the year. Here's the bigger question: Should Donnie Tyndall and Co. make a more concerted effort to recruit Kentucky (maybe even Eastern Kentucky) ball players? Coach Tyndall has clearly had some successes and is an excellent coach, but would he attract more fans and revenue if he aggressively recruited local talent? What do you all think?
January 2, 200917 yr I think its a myth that suddenly the crowd will expand if a school has KY/EKY players. High school basketball will still be the first choice for those fans that want to watch b-ball.
January 2, 200917 yr Morehead State has to go out of state to get players to compete. At best Morehead State is the 4th option from Kentucky Players (UK, UL, WKU). And it's more likley 5th behind Eastern equal to a Murray State who has had more success through the years. There aren't enough Ky High School players that are good enough to win with at the OVC level.
January 2, 200917 yr Morehead State has to go out of state to get players to compete. At best Morehead State is the 4th option from Kentucky Players (UK, UL, WKU). And it's more likley 5th behind Eastern equal to a Murray State who has had more success through the years. There aren't enough Ky High School players that are good enough to win with at the OVC level. While that is true for the most part, there are 3 players graduating from Elliott County this season that could be superstars at the OVC level.
January 2, 200917 yr Author While that is true for the most part, there are 3 players graduating from Elliott County this season that could be superstars at the OVC level. That's a good point. Many folks here in the eastern part of the state really wonder why MSU didn't recruit the three Elliott Co. kids. It really makes you wonder what the attendance would be like at MSU home games if we had a couple of former Elliott Co. players.
January 2, 200917 yr That's a good point. Many folks here in the eastern part of the state really wonder why MSU didn't recruit the three Elliott Co. kids. It really makes you wonder what the attendance would be like at MSU home games if we had a couple of former Elliott Co. players. I love what Coach Tyndall is doing at MSU, but I really would've liked to see at least one of these kids playing for the Eagles next season.
January 2, 200917 yr At the same time Morehead offers I'd say the best academic scholarships in KY. They should be able to get more in state players, especially close to home. I go to Morehead and if I knew the Faulkners or Ferg was playing for Morehead I wouldn't miss a game. The few games I have gone to it seems like its tall guys who can dunk, not great shooting. Even though Mr. Lamb is a good shooter.
January 2, 200917 yr While that is true for the most part, there are 3 players graduating from Elliott County this season that could be superstars at the OVC level.That prompts two questions: Who are the players? Do you really understand the talent it takes to be a "superstar" in the OVC?
January 2, 200917 yr That prompts two questions: Who are the players? Do you really understand the talent it takes to be a "superstar" in the OVC? That is what I was curious about. If that is true, Elliot County should be the clear cut favorite in the state. While they have a great team, that is hardly the case.
January 2, 200917 yr That prompts two questions: Who are the players? Do you really understand the talent it takes to be a "superstar" in the OVC? I have been to many OVC games, my friend.
January 2, 200917 yr That is what I was curious about. If that is true, Elliot County should be the clear cut favorite in the state. While they have a great team, that is hardly the case. I think they'll be right there with a chance to win the state. The Faulkners and Ferguson all 3 have/had division 1 offers. Ferguson has high major division 1 offers right now.
January 2, 200917 yr I believe all of the universities in Kentucky should look in the state first. It seems to me like UK is doing that at least with one scholarship. As well, didn't Morehead sign Ballou? Otherwise, WKU went out of state this year, EKU signed two transfers and Louisville went out of state. There are a lot of coaches that could make a team of the unsigned players in Kentucky and win in the OVC. If these schools can't, then shame on them!
January 2, 200917 yr I think they'll be right there with a chance to win the state. The Faulkners and Ferguson all 3 have/had division 1 offers. Ferguson has high major division 1 offers right now. If Landon Slone can play, hands down Ferg can play.:thumb:
January 2, 200917 yr I believe all of the universities in Kentucky should look in the state first. It seems to me like UK is doing that at least with one scholarship. As well, didn't Morehead sign Ballou? Otherwise, WKU went out of state this year, EKU signed two transfers and Louisville went out of state. There are a lot of coaches that could make a team of the unsigned players in Kentucky and win in the OVC. If these schools can't, then shame on them! I've wondered how that would go...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.