January 3, 200917 yr Did the Faulkners get other Division I offers? If not, apparently Morehead wasn't the only school that didn't project them as OVC-quality players. One of the Faulkners already signed D1 and the other one opted to go to NKU instead. BTW, Ferguson scored 38 tonight on 9/14 3-pt shooting :thumb:
January 3, 200917 yr One of the Faulkners already signed D1 and the other one opted to go to NKU instead.I'm well aware of that. What I'm wanting to know is the other Division I schools that made them scholarship offers.
January 3, 200917 yr There are many, solid players in Kentucky that could help Morehead State. With that said and please don't take this wrong, but to achieve that goal of more in-state signees, the overall talent level must increase on the Eagles roster. No D1 competitive program, can take solely KY High School players and compete consistently every year. The Eagles need size, post players and a deeper bench. Some of the name mentioned in this thread, went elsewhere for different reasons and not so much because Morehead State is not good, but rather those programs are established and currently competitive.
January 3, 200917 yr There are many, solid players in Kentucky that could help Morehead State. With that said and please don't take this wrong, but to achieve that goal of more in-state signees, the overall talent level must increase on the Eagles roster. No D1 competitive program, can take solely KY High School players and compete consistently every year. The Eagles need size, post players and a deeper bench. Some of the name mentioned in this thread, went elsewhere for different reasons and not so much because Morehead State is not good, but rather those programs are established and currently competitive. :thumb::thumb: That is basically some of what I was getting at in my post. A college coach has to recruit kids that fit his needs for his team, his job literally depends on it.
January 3, 200917 yr As have I, and I seriously doubt (without having seen them) that Elliott county has three sure fire OVC Stars on their roster. History would tell us that there have been very few teams in Ky over the past decades that have had three DI signees on their team at any given time. Then you say they are not only DI players but STARS and I get real skeptical. I would agree that IF Morehead could sign kids from their area that they can compete with in the OVC, it would be great for their fan base. That about says it all. Watch them and you will see what most college coaches are seeing. They have the ability to play at Divsion 1. Evan Faulkner was recently named Outstanding Player at the Beach Ball Classic against the top competition in the country. Tyndall needs to get over his apparent bias against eastern Kentucky kids. Check out some of the recruiting sites before you pass judgement. There ARE 2 SEC schools extremely interested in Ferguson, yet he apparently is not good enough for MSU. What a joke. These three have a realistic shot at being All-State. Morehead could use the talent. Additionally, with those players maybe they could post real attendance figures without being embarrassed, instead of counting 250 as 2500.
January 3, 200917 yr Author One of the Faulkners already signed D1 and the other one opted to go to NKU instead. BTW, Ferguson scored 38 tonight on 9/14 3-pt shooting :thumb: As Wireman pointed out in a post on the Boys Basketball forum, Elliott Co.'s gym was overflowing for the JV game! Granted it is a small gym, but just imagine a significant number of Elliott fans taking the short drive to Morehead to watch one or two of their boys play for MSU! Then imagine a handful of other outstanding players from the region also on MSU's team. Maybe attendance numbers would finally be respectable. And, as others have said on this thread, attendance and excitement do play a part in developing a winning program.
January 3, 200917 yr One of the Faulkners already signed D1 and the other one opted to go to NKU instead. BTW, Ferguson scored 38 tonight on 9/14 3-pt shooting :thumb: He was 9-12 from 3 land
January 3, 200917 yr Evan, Ethan and Ferg are actually to good to play for Morehead and if D.T. didn't recruit these boys he is nuts. Throw in Pittman and R. Johnson of Holmes and this team would beat Morehead.
January 3, 200917 yr Evan,Ethan and Ferg are actually to good to play for Morehead and if D.T. didn't recruit these boys he is nuts. Throw in Pittman and R. Johnson of Holmes and this team would beat Morehead. :lol::lol:, They are good but this statement is a little far fetched. I think some local people underestimate what it takes to be a good player in the OVC. Edited January 3, 200917 yr by inthesuite left a word out
January 4, 200917 yr Some Elliott County posters on the Boys High School Forum wondered why MSU didn't try to recruit some of their players--which is a good question. On this forum, some posters have wondered why MSU basketball doesn't get more local support. Right now there are only three Kentucky players on the team: Stallworth, Proffitt, and Pettit. As many of you know, Pettit is a red-shirt freshman, and Proffitt is a transfer sitting out the year. Here's the bigger question: Should Donnie Tyndall and Co. make a more concerted effort to recruit Kentucky (maybe even Eastern Kentucky) ball players? Coach Tyndall has clearly had some successes and is an excellent coach, but would he attract more fans and revenue if he aggressively recruited local talent? What do you all think? I think the coach is trying to win..
January 4, 200917 yr :lol::lol:, They are good but this statement is a little far fetched. I think some local people underestimate what it takes to be a good player in the OVC. I have been watching MSU play for over 40 years. Those kids can play in the OVC and would improve MSU's sterling 4-8 record. Tyndall flat out missed some very good home-grown talent.
January 4, 200917 yr So have I, over the course of 20-plus years, and I suspect I've watched a heck of a lot more high-level OVC basketball than you have. If any high school team in Kentucky had three potential "superstars in the OVC," they would probably roll to the state title. You are essentially saying that Elliott has three high-level Division I players. I've seen Elliott play and I don't see it, although they are a legitimate top-10 team in the state. High level D1 players go to North Carolina, Florida, Duke, Memphis etc. There are lots of extremely good players in OVC that wouldn't come off bench for High Level D1. OVC is not high level. IMO( and mine is as right to me as everyone else's is to them) Landon Slone would be a star in the OVC. I think Wiremans point is that The three from EC could play there and excel and I agree 100%. Oh! By the way I have watched 30+ years of OVC B-Ball
January 4, 200917 yr High level D1 players go to North Carolina, Florida, Duke, Memphis etc. There are lots of extremely good players in OVC that wouldn't come off bench for High Level D1. OVC is not high level. IMO( and mine is as right to me as everyone else's is to them) Landon Slone would be a star in the OVC. I think Wiremans point is that The three from EC could play there and excel and I agree 100%. That's my point exactly. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.