Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Morehead State Needs Kentucky Players?

Featured Replies

I have been to many OVC games, my friend.

 

 

 

As have I, and I seriously doubt (without having seen them) that Elliott county has three sure fire OVC Stars on their roster. History would tell us that there have been very few teams in Ky over the past decades that have had three DI signees on their team at any given time. Then you say they are not only DI players but STARS and I get real skeptical.

 

I would agree that IF Morehead could sign kids from their area that they can compete with in the OVC, it would be great for their fan base.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe all of the universities in Kentucky should look in the state first. It seems to me like UK is doing that at least with one scholarship. As well, didn't Morehead sign Ballou? Otherwise, WKU went out of state this year, EKU signed two transfers and Louisville went out of state. There are a lot of coaches that could make a team of the unsigned players in Kentucky and win in the OVC. If these schools can't, then shame on them!

Murray State dominated the conference in the 90s with very few, if any players, from the state of KY.

 

This year they have solid contributors in Frelix (Caldwell Co.) and McClain (Fulton Co.).

As have I, and I seriously doubt (without having seen them) that Elliott county has three sure fire OVC Stars on their roster. History would tell us that there have been very few teams in Ky over the past decades that have had three DI signees on their team at any given time. Then you say they are not only DI players but STARS and I get real skeptical.

 

I would agree that IF Morehead could sign kids from their area that they can compete with in the OVC, it would be great for their fan base.

 

All 3 of them being "superstars" might be a stretch, but all 3 could excel at the OVC level. And, actually, Elliott has 4 Division 1 players in the lineup. One of them just chose to go to NKU.

If Landon Slone can play, hands down Ferg can play.:thumb:

For what it is worth, I don't think Landon Slone would be anywhere close to a star in the OVC. Solid player, sure.

All 3 of them being "superstars" might be a stretch, but all 3 could excel at the OVC level. And, actually, Elliott has 4 Division 1 players in the lineup. One of them just chose to go to NKU.

 

 

Where have the other 3 signed? If the 4th signed with NKU then I doubt he's a DI player....

For what it is worth, I don't think Landon Slone would be anywhere close to a star in the OVC. Solid player, sure.

 

I agree and I think Jonathan Ferguson is a solid player... Just making a comparison because they are great shooters and players.

Where have the other 3 signed? If the 4th signed with NKU then I doubt he's a DI player....

 

Timmy Knipp is only a sophomore but has a huge upside.

Where have the other 3 signed? If the 4th signed with NKU then I doubt he's a DI player....

 

Have you seen Ethan Faulkner play?

Have you seen Ethan Faulkner play?

 

 

No. But I know this. Kids generally gravitate to the level that they should be at. Occassionally, a kid will go higher than he should, but very rarely do DI schools miss an opportunity to sign a kid and let him go DII. NKU is very good and DII ball is played at a high level. But very often fans overrate how high a kid can go. Signing a scholarship at a DII school (in this case a very good DII school) is a great honor.

No. But I know this. Kids generally gravitate to the level that they should be at. Occassionally, a kid will go higher than he should, but very rarely do DI schools miss an opportunity to sign a kid and let him go DII. NKU is very good and DII ball is played at a high level. But very often fans overrate how high a kid can go. Signing a scholarship at a DII school (in this case a very good DII school) is a great honor.

 

Ethan had division 1 offers.

 

Evan already signed at D1 Radford

 

Ferguson has offers from 2 SEC schools and at least 2 mid-major programs

 

Knipp is only a soph, but he has bigtime potential

No. But I know this. Kids generally gravitate to the level that they should be at. Occassionally, a kid will go higher than he should, but very rarely do DI schools miss an opportunity to sign a kid and let him go DII. NKU is very good and DII ball is played at a high level. But very often fans overrate how high a kid can go. Signing a scholarship at a DII school (in this case a very good DII school) is a great honor.

 

I agree generally this is true. But to me if his twin brother can play D1 basketball, Ethan can too, and I do know Ethan had offers to play D1. I think things like education, if they will play their first year, and advice from other players from this area that have gone the D1 route, influences their decision on what route to go.

Ethan had division 1 offers.

 

Evan already signed at D1 Radford

 

Ferguson has offers from 2 SEC schools and at least 2 mid-major programs

 

Knipp is only a soph, but he has bigtime potential

 

 

What 2 SEC schools have offered Ferguson? I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Lofton. :scared:

Wireman do you know what kind of looks Timmy is getting?

What 2 SEC schools have offered Ferguson? I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Lofton. :scared:

 

I am not at liberty to say, but I know its a fact. :thumb:

Wireman do you know what kind of looks Timmy is getting?

 

I haven't really heard much about Timmy's recruitment yet, but he'll get some good offers if he continues to progress.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.