Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better coach?

Who's the better coach? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the better coach?

    • Billy Gillispie
      56%
    • Tom Crean
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Some say Crean put together a title team at Michigan State. Next...

 

Some say Crean likes long romantic walks on the beach too, and Barney, but I'm not buying it either.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is perception reality?

This team compared to last year is night and day offensively at the guard spot.

He went for 19 and 11 at UNC. Took 11 shots. Had something like 15 touches in the post.

The issue is that he is not getting the touches therefore there are stretches where you dont notice him because he isn't getting the ball. So the easy thing to do is say he isn't working hard enough.

So what can you do as a player to get the ball...get an offensive rebound. Those numbers are up as compared to last year...so there is a progression even in a year they are somewhat offensively challenged at this point.

He is getting doubled far more this year than last year.

His motor is fine...and I have analyzed this team...and seen every game and most of all home games in person.

 

 

Go find you a copy of the UNC game. He was scored on constantly, did not get back on defense much and was out of position a lot defensively. Whether or not hes getting the ball has nothing to do with the poor defense he played that game. And everyone seen that game. Patterson is fine, but in that game he did not leave it all on the floor.

To me, it's not just recruiting, it's developing players that you have recruited. Make a 3 star prospect, a 4 star, etc. Who is better at that? I have no clue, but I'm sure some of you guys will let me know.

To me, it's not just recruiting, it's developing players that you have recruited. Make a 3 star prospect, a 4 star, etc. Who is better at that? I have no clue, but I'm sure some of you guys will let me know.

 

They have both done a very good job at it...

They have both done a very good job at it...

 

indeed...

Billy Clyde is the better coach, not that close.

Said with Blue Goggles on!

If I had to pick it would be Crean, his teams play with more effort than BCG's tems. I would take Tubby over both.

If I had to pick it would be Crean, his teams play with more effort than BCG's tems. I would take Tubby over both.

 

I have to disagree. Last year I don't now if I'd seen a team play much harder than UK did after Christmas. One thing I do believe about Billy Gillispie (and really Tom Crean) is that their teams will play very hard almost all the time. There are a lot of other elements involved in coaching, but both do a good job of that.

If I had to pick it would be Crean, his teams play with more effort than BCG's tems. I would take Tubby over both.

 

Tubby is a good coach who got lazy at UK. It was time for him to go and I was a staunch supporter of his, but in the end, it was time to part.

People say BCG is stubborn but OTS was as stubborn (refusal to get rid of a putrid staff) and more so in denial of how the program slipped. Mike DeCoursey is one of the few people in the media, and Mike is a guy I really like because he is who he is and it doesn't change when the lights are on so to speak. He foretold of recruiting issues a few years before the chickens came to roost.

The program has slipped and his teams in the end did not play hard.

I think both BCG and Crean's teams play very hard. BCG still has some holes to fill and I think he will get there. He works far more harder than OTS does or ever did in recruiting, and it takes a little time to get things rolling. Crean seems to do the same.

I think there is a certain brashness from Crean with the media at times, he seemingly has a way to make people angry....like UL fans and others.

BCG seems more likely to take a high road but can be short with media types.

Both are very good coaches.

Tubby is a good coach who got lazy at UK. It was time for him to go and I was a staunch supporter of his, but in the end, it was time to part.

People say BCG is stubborn but OTS was as stubborn (refusal to get rid of a putrid staff) and more so in denial of how the program slipped. Mike DeCoursey is one of the few people in the media, and Mike is a guy I really like because he is who he is and it doesn't change when the lights are on so to speak. He foretold of recruiting issues a few years before the chickens came to roost.

The program has slipped and his teams in the end did not play hard.

I think both BCG and Crean's teams play very hard. BCG still has some holes to fill and I think he will get there. He works far more harder than OTS does or ever did in recruiting, and it takes a little time to get things rolling. Crean seems to do the same.

I think there is a certain brashness from Crean with the media at times, he seemingly has a way to make people angry....like UL fans and others.

BCG seems more likely to take a high road but can be short with media types.

Both are very good coaches.

 

 

That's what I don't get when they criticize BCG for "being stubborn". Like you said, Tubby was, at the least, equally as stubborn. He wouldn't adjust his style to fit the talent he had (see Rajon Rondo).

I had to bring back this old thread to mention something.

 

I've been watching the OSU/IU game and this is the first time I've actually sat down and watched IU play.

 

IU is down by somewhere around 10 and there isn't much hope for them winning this one. Crean is on the side line clapping and giving his guys fives as they come back to the bench. I like it. I like him.

 

I think he realizes the situation he is in and is embracing it rather than feeling sorry for himself.

 

I'm gaining respect for him by the minute as I watch this game.Congrats 98, IU got a good one:thumb:

 

This has nothing to do with Crean/Billy G. I just didn't want to start a new thread on the subject.

Gillispie can't stay away from the bars long enough to coach...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.