Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the better coach?

Who's the better coach? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the better coach?

    • Billy Gillispie
      56%
    • Tom Crean
      43%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Roll your eyes all you want to, it's "clear" that Gillispie is a much better recruiter then Tom Crean. Coaching i'm not sure, but recruiting, it's a landslide in favor of Billy G.

 

And you have proved that how? DeAndre Jordan? He was a total bust in college. A bunch of guys that haven't played a game? Impressive. Didn't recruit his star at A&M. Patterson. Fantastic. Where's the rest? And did you really mention Legion??? :lol:

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you have proved that how? DeAndre Jordan? He was a total bust in college. A bunch of guys that haven't played a game? Impressive. Didn't recruit his star at A&M. Patterson. Fantastic. Where's the rest? And did you really mention Legion??? :lol:

 

 

This discussion is about RECRUITING, as in, convincing high profile athletes to come to your school. Is that hard for you to understand??

This discussion is about RECRUITING, as in, convincing high profile athletes to come to your school. Is that hard for you to understand??

Recruiting is about a lot more than landing guys liked by Jerry Meyer on the summer circuit. And I work for Rivals and know that... :lol:

DeAndre Jordan, Patterson, Orton, Hood, Ferguson, Jones, D. Williams, D. Brown, A. Legion, D. Miller, D. Liggins, Filiberto Rivera...On and on and on...

 

Oh yeah. Jones was only a 3 star. Great player, but not good enough based on your criteria... :lol:

Recruiting is about a lot more than landing guys liked by Jerry Meyer on the summer circuit. And I work for Rivals and know that... :lol:

I know, but isn't it a little bit easier to land a low profile guy like Steve Novak (1 scholly offer) then it is to land a guy like Legion who had offers from Michigan, Kansas, and UCLA????

This discussion is about RECRUITING, as in, convincing high profile athletes to come to your school. Is that hard for you to understand??

 

He signed 22 players at A&M if you count Jordan's class. Only 3 were a 4 star or better. Should I keep doing your homework for you???

He signed 22 players at A&M. Only 3 were a 4 star or better. Should I keep doing your homework for you???

 

Was A&M the best team the Big 12 has ever seen?? Or were they winless in the Big 12 when Billy G came to town??

I know, but isn't it a little bit easier to land a low profile guy like Steve Novak (1 scholly offer) then it is to land a guy like Legion who had offers from Michigan, Kansas, and UCLA????

 

Yes, but isn't it more important to land guys like Novak who turn out better than high-profile busts?

 

I want a coach who can recruit players with skills the team can use, not players with undeserved hype. Personally, I have a hard time anyone on this site (maybe even not GT) have been following BCG since Illinois and Crean through all his years as an assistant.

 

Neither coach is "clearly" better than the other and neither coach is miracle worker. I understand that we can have this discussion, but I take whatever is said with a grain of salt. It's too hard to say at this point.

Was A&M the best team the Big 12 has ever seen?? Or were they winless in the Big 12 when Billy G came to town??

He was still some amazing recruiter, right? He still got talent and won, right? That's why basing the argument on 4 and 5 stars is a misguided attempt to incorrectly answer why he is head and shoulders above Crean in recruiting...

I think how both do at their current jobs will determine who is better. I wouldnt hold this season against Crean either.

I want a coach who can recruit players with skills the team can use, not players with undeserved hype. Personally, I have a hard time anyone on this site (maybe even not GT) have been following BCG since Illinois and Crean through all his years as an assistant.

 

Knew both were rising stars, but can't say I "followed" either at that point...

He was still some amazing recruiter, right? He still got talent and won, right? That's why basing the argument on 4 and 5 stars is a misguided attempt to incorrectly answer why he is head and shoulders above Crean in recruiting...

Tell Me which was the harder sell, Novak or Legion?

Tell Me which was the harder sell, Novak or Legion?

Tell me which worked out. Who cares if you land a 5 star kid that doesn't work out. It means nothing. Tell me who you want on your team...

Kavaliauskas wasn't even rated. Would you take him or Legion???

Tell me which worked out. Who cares if you land a 5 star kid that doesn't work out. It means nothing...

 

What does "working out" have to do with landing a big time recruit??? I know it is more important to have a good player on your team that works out, I know that's what Crean and Gillispie want, but I also know that beating out Michigan, Kansas, and UCLA for a basketball player is more impressive and shows more recruiting ability then landing a guy who only has 1 chance to go to school for free and play basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.